Author Topic: UK Fuel economy  (Read 3300 times)

dazzpowder

UK Fuel economy
« on: March 09, 2009, 15:06:06 »
after a quick search I see that one can expect a return of 16-20mpg around town from a 280 as the posters were US based can anyone in the UK say wethere this translates to 19-23mpg around town in the UK?

thanks

jameshoward

• Associate Member
  • Platinum
  • United States, New Jersey (formerly of London)
Re: UK Fuel economy
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 17:03:05 »
On a good car, yes. It could be a lot less around town than that though. That's more like cruising mpg.

JH
James Howard
1966 LHD 230SL

dazzpowder

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2009, 17:12:38 »
wow a lot less around town? I had my friends 911 C4s for 6 months and that averaged 16mpg around town, would it be on a par with that? not that economy is a factor with a classic vehicle but nice to know what I'm letting myself in for in general running costs.

JamesL

• Platinum
  • United Kingdom, London, London
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2009, 19:07:49 »
I average 21mpg. Most of my miles - but by no means all - are out of town and as jameshoward will attest, I don't hang around.

Although to be honest, with no filler cap, I average a LOT less than that.... >:(

Look at it this way. You get about the same MPG and a LOT more fun than folk driving a bloody great big Chelsea Tractor
James L
Oct69 RHD 280 in DB906 with cognac leather

Kemal

• Gold
  • United Kingdom, England, London
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2009, 20:13:14 »
Great big Chelsea tractor! >:(
My family & I wouldn't leave home without one, yes they drink the same, but for safety & comfort one can't compare.
Chelsea tractors were named that way because a lot of folk use them for the school run......... we don't. :P

Anyway if I were to take a way the ML my wife would sell the Pagoda in my sleep!!! :-\

Kemal
280SL
Manual LHD69
Kemal
280SL
Manual LHD69

dazzpowder

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2009, 09:29:00 »
Thanks guys.  Tosh love the colour combo on your car it's stunning saw a bigger picture in detailing world.