Author Topic: cigar lighter short - maybe not - left over washers- UPDATED  (Read 3084 times)

rpb70sl

cigar lighter short - maybe not - left over washers- UPDATED
« on: November 10, 2009, 14:55:28 »
After putting together new heater levers, center cluster and heater core I had the attached two washers left over. The only two parts!  Whew!

At first I thought they came from the lighter, but they are not the two that are between the bracket and removable power lug, per other threads on-line here.  Please see attached photos - one is metal and the other is fiber/cardboard. The hole is smaller than the two washers at the removable lighter lug, which I have in place, so they must go somewhere else.  

I now think they may come from the radio somewhere, because I had the lighter and radio in the same bucket when everything was apart.  Any idea where they might go?  The antenna connection hole?  I can't seem to find an exterior connection they would go to.

I have now aligned the notch in the ceramic piece and the tab in the housing, which may have not been correct when I blew the fuse initially.  I haven't re-tested the lighter, because I do not have any stubby fuses to replace a blown one.  I get a lot of static on the radio, so am thinking antenna some how.  But still playing with things.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 20:39:45 by rpb70sl »

chicagopagoda

Re: cigar lighter short - I think
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2009, 02:14:22 »
Just did the identical job myself and if I'm not mistaken, those are from the cig lighter, at least the fiber one is, but my guess, based on size, that they are both from the lighter. You mention that you saw the previous posts on the site, so no doubt you saw the photo with the exploded view of the assembly. I made the mistake of reversing the order of the tiny fiber and metal washers, too, and blew the fuse. My guess is that it's a pretty common mistake.

bpossel

Re: cigar lighter short - I think
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2009, 11:20:34 »
Take a look at this link to the Technical Manual.

http://www.sl113.org/wiki/Electrical/CigarLighter

It shows a detailed blow-up of the parts for the lighter.  Your parts do appear to be from the lighter.

Make sure the fiber washer goes between the metal washer and the end "pin/plug" piece.

Bob
« Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 11:22:47 by bpossel »