Author Topic: Engine Out...need help  (Read 2619 times)

n/a

Engine Out...need help
« on: March 11, 2004, 01:22:30 »
Mechanic says that fuel injection has items that have been bypassed . he goes on to say that the Haynes manual I gave him is not satisfactory. He goes on to say that when he assembles engine he would like to put it back to original and it would be easier to tune. I told him that the car ran great up until the cam went down. I have an exhaust analyser which could be used to fine tune the unit in its present state. Does anyone have a real shop manual that could photo copy the fuel injection pages and mail to me...I can pay your price for this service. By the way out side of a complete rebuild it is getting the 87.5 oversize pistons which will bring it up to 2821cc, more power for sure. also the fan clutch locked up and is being replaced that should generate some more HP as the rpm goes up.. thanks all.

ja17

• Platinum
  • USA, OH, Blacklick
Re: Engine Out...need help
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2004, 06:31:12 »
Hello,
It may be easier and less expensive to buy a factory shop manual than trying to copy an original. A lot of time original shop manuals, depending on the printing date,  do not have all the latest updates and bulletins. A newly ordered shop manual is usually the latest edition. The biggest problem with using the shop manual is sorting all the M130 engine information out from all the other information. I suggest using an original workshop manual (BBB) along with the relevant year "Mercedes Technical Data Booklet". In addition  suppliment the information with a specific, in depth, injection adjustment procedure (excellent one in Nov./Dec. issue of "The Star Magazine").
The list and individuals can help supply you with their specific experiences, some photographs, specifics data, some difficult to find information, parts suppliers, typical problems and items to check during the repair. Keep us informed!

Joe Alexander
Blacklick, Ohio
Joe Alexander
Blacklick, Ohio
1969 Dark Olive 280SL
2002 ML55 AMG (tow vehicle)
2002 SLK32 AMG (350 hp)
1982 300TD Wagon turbo 4spd.
1963 404 Mercedes Unimog (Swedish Army)
1989 flu419 Mercedes Unimog (US Army)
1998 E430
1974 450SLC Rally