Author Topic: Mechanic Needed - LA/Orange County - Transmission  (Read 2934 times)

DaveF

Mechanic Needed - LA/Orange County - Transmission
« on: January 11, 2011, 01:46:36 »
I have a 1970 280SL that is making some strange noise/vibration in top gear above 45MPH.  It's not too loud, but you definitely can hear what sound a bit like a grinding noise.  Anyhow, I'm looking for a good mechanic in Orange County or Long Beach areas that is familiar with these cars.  Any recommendations would be appreciated.  I don't want to take it to just anyone.  Thanks.

dakman29

• Senior
  • USA, WA, Spokane
Re: Mechanic Needed - LA/Orange County - Transmission
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 03:27:18 »
Dave:  Don't want to give the impression that I'm a shill for Scott Melnick's Auto Engineering/Classic Mercedes Benz in Calabasas, but if I lived as close to his shop as you do, I'd be there in a heartbeat.  Check it out at 310-456-5000. Scott knows these cars from nose to tailpipe.

Tom Colitt

Re: Mechanic Needed - LA/Orange County - Transmission
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2011, 02:14:53 »
Hi Dave

..and my shop is still closer (in Los Angeles off the 110 freeway). I work mainly on Pagodas and other period Mercedes and I think you'll find that my reputation on the board is good. I currectly have Chuck Lobb's Red 280Sl in the shop which is known from most Socal concours events.

You can call me at (323) 251-0987

Regards