Author Topic: upgrade headlights and shocks?  (Read 3589 times)

davids

upgrade headlights and shocks?
« on: February 10, 2011, 18:03:32 »
Want to upgrade shocks and headlights any suggestions? I have bilstiens now and want more comfortable ride.

davids

Re: upgrade headlights and shocks?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2011, 18:04:47 »
oops .Its on 1971 280sl.thx

Peter van Es

• Honorary Member
  • Platinum
  • Netherlands, North Holland, Nederhorst Den Berg
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2011, 19:04:43 »
Search BEFORE you ask. There's plenty of information on the forum and in the Technical Manual. AND post in the correct section.

Peter
1970 280SL. System Admin of the site. Please do not mail or PM me questions on Pagoda's... I'm not likely to know the answer.  Please post on the forum instead!

JamesL

• Platinum
  • United Kingdom, London, London
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2011, 19:38:55 »
davids

Do a search for driveability video by Jim Villiers

Watch it and you'll learn several ways to part with your cash, and certainly an option for the two issues you mention
James L
Oct69 RHD 280 in DB906 with cognac leather

VincentR

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2011, 13:48:32 »
Hi All,

I recently changed the shocks on my 280SL 1970 (last summer) because I did not do that during the full restoration.
I chose the Gaz Bilstein (I bought them in dbdepot.de) with very attractive prices at this moment but I assume that you have maybe good prices in US.

The car was fitted with orange after sale shocks and I wanted to be sure to get the right reaction of the car with the OEM shocks.
The difference is a little bit better but not at the level I could think.
But once again I maybe get the use to compare this car with current production of automotive industry. The car is still moving/pumping in long road turns/bends at high speed. Nota : The car is fitted with the weight of the hard top.

The rears are very easy to fit.
For the fronts you have to be carefull when compressing the shocks, not damaging the fender.

I hope this will help.

Best regards.
Vincent R (France)