Author Topic: Paul Bracq  (Read 3800 times)

Peter h

• Silver
  • Germany, Rheinland-Pfalz, Enkirch
Paul Bracq
« on: September 04, 2011, 20:20:19 »
Hello

here are a visite with Paul Bracq at the Mainzer Automobil Club http://forum.mercedes-benz-clubs.com/viewtopic.php?t=25707
Thanks to Norbert Lowin

Peter
08.68 280sl automatic white 717 G  blue MB Tex
09.68 280sl  4-speed, now 5-speed Getrag 180 G dark green MB Tex

mdsalemi

• Pagoda SL Board
  • Platinum
  • USA, NC, Davidson
Re: Paul Bracq
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2011, 02:44:01 »
I just spoke with Paul Bracq on Thursday last, and he was very excited to tell me about his trip to Mainz.  He had a great time and ended up "signing" all kinds of things, including Pagodas if I understood him correctly.  Those in Mainz showed him a great time!
Michael Salemi
Davidson, North Carolina (Charlotte Area) USA
1969 280SL (USA-Spec)
Signal Red 568G w/Black Leather (Restored)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid "Area 51"
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid
2023 Ford Escape Hybrid

douglas dees

Re: Paul Bracq
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2011, 23:26:45 »
Mainz is a beautiful town with a church with a Chigall stained glass window. Cars are not allowed downtown so it is a great place to walk. There is also a wonderful model store there as well. It is a favourite place for Air Canada flight staff to stay on layovers.
My wife Maria would often  take her flight crew students there for orieintation as part of their German lessons. A must visit  if you are in the Frankfurt area and want to get away and enjoy a small German town on the Rhine to start your cruise.

I am sure Paul enjoyed it
Doug Dees
Candidate for Director at Large MBCA :)

mdsalemi

• Pagoda SL Board
  • Platinum
  • USA, NC, Davidson
Re: Paul Bracq and PUB
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2011, 14:51:43 »
FYI:

I wrote articles that will appear in the upcoming issue of The Star on Paul Bracq, and on PUB 2011, and lastly, the Concours d"Elegance of America at St. Johns.  Expect this issue to hit the mail by the end of October/beginning of November.  Articles passed final edit, review and layout.  The Star did a nice job with the raw material I provided.

The PUB article is illustrated partially by Waqas and his fiance, Alison Fader-Brock.  Good mention, of course, of the club and of sl113.org (with web address).

We will most likely be able to get the articles in PDF form, as in the past, for posting here for our members here that are not MBCA members--but not until publication.

For those interested the Paul Bracq article was highly condensed from the original (space limits in the magazine), but may appear in full length in upcoming issue(s) of Pagoda World.  Those who asked for this (you know who you are and so do I) will get the copy separately prior to any further publication.
Michael Salemi
Davidson, North Carolina (Charlotte Area) USA
1969 280SL (USA-Spec)
Signal Red 568G w/Black Leather (Restored)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid "Area 51"
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid
2023 Ford Escape Hybrid