Author Topic: Nardi Wheel Polish  (Read 5937 times)

n/a

Nardi Wheel Polish
« on: March 31, 2004, 06:42:45 »
The metal (aluminum?) on my Nardi wheel needs to be cleaned, having hand prints and discoloration.
What can I use to safely clean and refurbish the finish? Which metal is used for the spokes?
Thanks.

Regards,
Stan

n/a

Re: Nardi Wheel Polish
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2004, 07:10:39 »
I used Never Dull. Comes in a blue can. It's some sort of cotton batting with a solvent in it. Does a very nice job shining up chrome and the metal on the Nardi wheel.

Shawn Rock
Philly, PA USA
1968 280 SL 4 speed

Bob G ✝︎

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2004, 11:17:38 »
Stan:
What ever you buy make sure it is for fine metal polishing . There are some good manufactures to pick from. I recommend using micro fiber towels.

Bob Geco

n/a

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2004, 12:44:36 »
If you can still find it, use "Blue Magic" metal polish. Whatever you find, just be sure it is non-abrasive.

tom in CA

Mike Hughes

• Platinum
  • USA, VA, Blue Grass
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2004, 15:39:06 »
If you can find a tube of "Simichrome" polish, it works pretty well for this application.

- Mike Hughes  -ô¿ô-
- Mike Hughes  -ô¿ô-
  1966 230SL Auto P/S
  Havana Brown (408)
  Light Beige (181)
  Cream M-B Tex (121)

n/a

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2004, 08:16:14 »
Shawn,
Where did you find the Never Dull polish?

Bob,
What are the names of some specific polishing products, where can I find them, and what should I do to protec the finish after polishing?

Thanks for all the help.

Regards,
Stan

n/a

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2004, 12:04:14 »
I bought Never Dull at the local hardware store. It's nice because it isn't abrasive, it's more solvent based.

Shawn Rock
Philly, PA USA
1968 280 SL 4 speed

Bob G ✝︎

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2004, 16:45:01 »
I now there was a product made for Boyds wheels . Because of the soft nature of the aluminum it worked very well and would not scratch the wheels. I suggest as I have said befor read the lables on theses products a discription of what they are designed to clean will let you know if you what to use it on your Nardi Steering wheel spokes.
Bob Geco

Richard Madison

• Associate Member
  • Platinum
  • USA, NY, New York
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2004, 15:39:26 »
I thought my Nardi wheel had a satin finish. When I tried to clean up the spokes with Blue Coral and other polishes, the satin look remained.

Then I tried 'Metal Glo' by United Cutlery...the spokes came alive and  have now been restored to the original highly polished mirror like gleam...the stuff was like a miracle. Just a tiny drop, easy rubbing and voila, all shined.

I'm not on commission and don't own stock in the company...just want to share what worked for me. I expect it'll work for you.

I bought a tube of Metal Glo from Perfect Motion, a Nardi dealer in Florida...tube was $15 plus shipping, worth every penny. Supposed to be good for all metals including copper, brass, gold, stainless, chrome, and more.  www.nardiusa.com

Richard M
« Last Edit: May 30, 2004, 19:48:29 by 280SL71 »
1969 280 SL, Tunis Beige, Euro Model (Italy).