Author Topic: Mechanic in Sarasota FL area?  (Read 2753 times)

dldubois

• Silver
  • USA, FL, Pembroke Pines
Mechanic in Sarasota FL area?
« on: May 29, 2004, 02:43:29 »
I have an excellent mechanic here in Dallas for my 70 280sl.  My father's 69sl has had more damage done to it than repairs made w/ the mechanic he's used in FL.   Wondering if someone might recommend someone in the area.

PS:  I just brought him to the site (now that he's got internet) and should see him on here soon.

thanks.

Dana

1970 280sl White (050) 4spd
Corinth, TX
Dana DuBois
1969 280sl
Pembroke Pines, FL

hauser

Re: Mechanic in Sarasota FL area?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2004, 23:02:26 »

You may want to give Walter Bodendorf a call 352 377-6604. He owns Continental Imports in Gainesville, Fl. Walter has serviced Mercedes for very many years both here in the states and in Germany. He has owned several W113's and 190sl. Walter may know of someone in your area.

1969 280sl 5 spd        1999 ML320          Gainesville,Fl.

France

• Associate Member
  • Silver
  • Austria, Vorarlberg, Schruns
Re: Mechanic in Sarasota FL area?
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2004, 02:42:30 »
Dana,

After 10+ years in Sarasota, we have found that there are two kinds of specialized help available:  scoundrels who are attracted to the manana way of life, and dieties who are so good at what they do that they are able to do it wherever they want, and they've chosen Sarasota.  That is why there are so many race mechanics (read dieties) there.  One of the best is Twin Cam Sportscars.  Steve is an Englishman of quiet reserve, but he's an artist.  Over the years he has helped with several major problems on the e-Type, plus some little ones on my 280SL (see pix section for Sarasota's Little Red Truck).  All that at sane prices.  

Best to go and visit him rather than calling--if you say the right incantations, he may agree to work on your dad's car, if his race schedule allows.  At the worst he may give you the name of a Merc mechanic who actually knows what he's doing.  Besides, by visiting him you can see a multitude of his exotic cars in various stages of race-readying at 6085 Decon Road, phone 923 0024.

Hope this helps...

Trice
1968 280SL US, signal/bl leather, auto
« Last Edit: May 31, 2004, 02:45:18 by France »
Trice
1968 280SL US, signal red/bl leather, auto, kinder seat
Austrian Alps
Think of your Pagoda as a woman with a past...