Author Topic: ZF Reverse Switch  (Read 2612 times)

George Des

ZF Reverse Switch
« on: December 20, 2011, 14:55:45 »
One of our UK members was kind enough to order and obtain a brand new ZF reverse switch assembly for me through his UK ZF representative. This is the repair kit that is advertised on the ZF Oldtimer site along with the info for the ZF replica. So ZF does have some of these parts and can fill orders for them--at least for the switch! My ZF box had the original switch replaced with the std MB one somewhere along the line and it has always caused me problems because the actuating pin is not long enough to contact the shifter mechanism as long as I use a copper or aluminum seal on the threads. It will work w/o the seal and I suppose that I could use some thread sealant to keep it from leaking instead of the seal ring, but since the original and proper switch is available, I ordered one and will now replace the MB one.
I've asked our UK member if he can by chance get a copy of the latest list of parts available and a price list so we all can get a better idea of what we can possibly order. Hopefully ZF will make other spare parts available for the S5-20 boxes as they start producing the new replicas.

George Des

rocketman1

Re: ZF Reverse Switch
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 03:09:49 »
George, Good Evening from Texas. Your not going to believe it, but I got 2, yes 2 reply's from ZF last week!! One was from the factory in Germany, the other was from a service center here in the states.
Wolfgang sent me a nice note, and a list of all the current spare part kits for the "oldtimer S 5-20" transmissions that were available now for purchase.
The other fella here, wasn't up to speed on the status of parts, however he was going to check with the plant in Germany.
Either way, we finally are getting a response. (Albiet, both origional reguest were sent via e-mail 5 weeks ago)
I've sent Wolfgang a detail parts reguest, using there parts numbers.
Hopefully we might get a nice Christmas present with his next reply.
Merry Christmas Everybody!
David Lewandos
Corpus Christi,Texas
aka:  rocketman1
1964 230SL,S 5-20,268H