Author Topic: Where can I get Original Hose Clamps?  (Read 3309 times)

BarryD

Where can I get Original Hose Clamps?
« on: January 16, 2012, 06:20:35 »
I am getting ready to replace all the hoses in my 250 SL. Some of the hose clamps are made from a solid metal band and tightened with something that sort-of resembles a cotter pin. Other hose clamps look like the more traditional 'worm drive' kind except they also use a solid (though indented) band. Finally, there are some hose clamps that look like the ones one would get at the local auto parts store. I was told by a friend that the first two types are original. Does anyone know of a source for the 'correct' clamps?

On a related topic, does anyone sell a complete hose kit for these cars?
Thanks, Barry

Jordan

• Platinum
  • Canada, ON, Jordan
Re: Where can I get Original Hose Clamps?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 13:20:50 »
Barry, the metal bands come in 5mm and 9mm sizes.  The 5mm band and tightener part numbers are 900263005000 and 900262005100 respectively.  I don't know what they are for the 9mm.  You can find them here http://www.authenticclassics.com/ or check with the MB Classic Centre or David Gallon.  Look in "sources" for numbers.

The worm type clamps I believe are Norma clamps or equivalent.  They have rounded edges so they don't cut into the rubber when tightened.  The worm threads are also raised away from the rubber so they also don't cut into the rubber.  Check out http://www.normagroup.com/kunden/norma/ttw.nsf/id/EN_NORMACLAMP_Hose_Clamps.  Marine supply stores often carry these as well.

Cheers Marcus
Marcus
66 230SL  Euro 4 speed

W113SL

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 18:08:48 »
I have all the correct Normas and the Beru band clamps. Please contact me off line at W113SL@aol.com or call at 216-403-2951

Pete Lesler

wwheeler

• Vendor
  • Platinum
  • USA, TX, Dallas
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 18:44:31 »
When I bought the Norma clamps as above, I selected the W-4 grade which I believe used a stainless band AND screw. A little more expensive, looks the same but lasts for a long time.
Wallace
Texas
'68 280SE W111 coupe
'60 220SE W128 coupe
'70 Plymouth Roadrunner 440+6