Author Topic: List for No Longer Available Parts Lobby  (Read 47971 times)

J. Huber

• Platinum
  • USA, CA, Cedar Ridge
Re: List for No Longer Available Parts Lobby
« Reply #75 on: March 01, 2009, 17:38:38 »
Just a thought. Would it be more effiecient to have a running list of the NLAs, so we easily determine if its already been mentioned? Maybe it could be a wiki thing? Or do we have that somewhere and I am missing it?
James
63 230SL

Peter van Es

• Honorary Member
  • Platinum
  • Netherlands, North Holland, Nederhorst Den Berg
« Reply #76 on: March 01, 2009, 21:05:39 »
James,

you are right, that would be much easier in a table in a Wiki. Editable and maintainable by everyone. Please feel free to start one.

Regrettably most of us are happy to post here, but reticent to update the wiki.

Peter
1970 280SL. System Admin of the site. Please do not mail or PM me questions on Pagoda's... I'm not likely to know the answer.  Please post on the forum instead!

JPMOSE

• Gold
  • USA, DE, Harbeson
« Reply #77 on: August 19, 2010, 18:54:51 »
I just read through this list again after a year or so.  While it gets frustrating not have all the parts we want for our babies.....TRY OWNING A W111!   I recently purchased a 280SE 3.5 Cabrio that's in #2 condition.   As with all cars, there are parts needed to make it the way "we" personally want them.   The list of unavailable parts is numerous compared to Pagodas.   I have been fortunate to find a lot of them....but the prices!!!   Also, there is a world of information on this site for Pagoda owners....nothing like this exist for W111s (at least in English).

So be thankful for your Pagoda....but get your parts before the supply dries up!
Best Regards,

J. P. Mose
1968 250SL
1970 280SE 3.5 Cabriolet
1987 560SL

• Platinum
  • Germany, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Tecklenburg
« Reply #78 on: August 30, 2010, 19:35:08 »
Well yes, ...

Personally I am extremely interested to know what is no longer available and what is probably going to be reproduced (by daimler ag or others) again.
I have some (unsorted) kind of lists about unavailable or problem parts ("does not fit", "way too  expensive") but I have to work that up first.
I will then post it here - would love to do that (if I may) in the Wiki section.

But still takes a little while - I am currently a bit more busy with other things...

Achim
(parts collector)
Achim
(Germany)

JPMOSE

• Gold
  • USA, DE, Harbeson
« Reply #79 on: February 29, 2012, 23:34:34 »
This is a very useful posting.  I am just getting back into my Pagoda after a two year break.   I know parts on my W111 are become NLA at fast rate.   Does anyone have some updates for this?
Best Regards,

J. P. Mose
1968 250SL
1970 280SE 3.5 Cabriolet
1987 560SL