Author Topic: Mercedes ignores the W113!  (Read 2464 times)

peterm

Mercedes ignores the W113!
« on: August 16, 2004, 06:11:21 »
Just did a euro delivery with Mercedes (BTW an absolutely wonderful experience with the Rallye package, they have perfected this!).  At the delivery center they are celebarting the 50 years of the sl with a display of 2 gullwings, a 190sl, a 107, a 129 and strikingly NO PAGODA.  I have already sent an email to the classic center expressing my disdain!  All the cars on display were from the classic center and thay all had the patina of use, not restored garage queens.  This was curious as many of our concours cars look far better!  I'll try to post pics once i figure out the software.

peter

hauser

Re: Mercedes ignores the W113!
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2004, 21:28:33 »
Hello Peter.  It must have been quite an experience to do this European delivery. Tell us more about the cars that were on display. Were they all of the sme color?  Sometimes Mercedes tends to group their cars in the same color. Usually they are silver. If this is the case perhaps they didn't have the right car for the display. Did anyone there have an explaination as to why they did not have a Pagoda in the group?

1969 280sl 5 spd        1999 ML320          Gainesville,Fl.