Author Topic: Spare Tire Well for an early 230sl  (Read 3147 times)

gtait

• Regular
  • Sooke, BC Canada
Spare Tire Well for an early 230sl
« on: November 20, 2012, 04:23:38 »
I have just ordered a spare tire well from SLS to return my car to it's original state, and was wondering if anyone had a clear picture of their trunk showning the well without the tire in it. Someone changed my car in the seventies to have the horizontal spare and I need to see a clear picture to help me with positioning and spot weld spacing.  That is if, it is spot welded.  The car is an early 1964 230sl.

Regard Gil
Gil
1964 230SL Standard

relbhcb

Re: Spare Tire Well for an early 230sl
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 05:47:32 »
Hi Gill,

My November 1964 230SL is away having a new soft top fitted at the moment, but if you don't get what you need here by the end of the week, send me a PM and I'll take some photos etc.

Wolfmann

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2012, 07:48:22 »
My 64 230Sl has the vertical spare wheel but even though the well is original (I think) the boot floor has been replaced. I can photograph it for you this coming Saturday morning if that is any good??
Send me a PM with your email or a mobile number and I will send pictures straight from the body shop where she is stored on Saturday.
Hope this helps and it is great to know you are putting this feature back, you will, besides originality have a lot more boot space available. When the well is painted black (or dark grey?) you can hardly see it from the rear of the car.

Steven.

steves sl

• Regular
  • USA, WI, CEDARBURG
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2012, 01:29:46 »
Is this what you looking for? Let me know if you need anything else, measurements etc. The lighting isn't the best.  Steve
S. Schlaefer

gtait

• Regular
  • Sooke, BC Canada
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2012, 05:37:26 »
Thank you to all who helped.

This is exactly what I needed.

Regards

Gil
Gil
1964 230SL Standard