Author Topic: New Paul Bracq book?  (Read 2968 times)

Bob G ✝︎

New Paul Bracq book?
« on: June 04, 2013, 04:09:10 »
I just got my copy of Pagoda World.  "Fantastic" I read through it quite fast.

I was reading Michael Salami's Article on Paul Bracq. Is there another book being published
or is this the same book NLA. I have one of his publications from some 8 years ago .
It is in storage and  I cannot find until I start putting my books away on shelves with my Diecast CMC models.

The book's name mentioned is Les Mercedes-Pagoda by Jean Lu Fournier.
Does anyone have any information on where to purchase a copy of this publication?
It does not show up on Amazon. Not surprised, it is a special order book.
I  just need to  know were to find it. Any help would be most appreciated.

Respectfully
Bob Geco
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 08:36:23 by 280SL71 »

mdsalemi

• Pagoda SL Board
  • Platinum
  • USA, NC, Davidson
Re: New Paul Bracq book?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 11:55:49 »
Bob,

This is not a new book, it was published in 2007, and has been mentioned and or briefly discussed here before. In fact, it was from a discussion on this forum where I managed to go out to a French based autobook publisher to get it, in late 2010.  However, for those of you who don't read French, if you see the listing below, you should note that Actuellement indisponible means currently unavailable.

http://www.amazon.fr/Les-Mercédes-Pagode/dp/2953137432/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1370346600&sr=8-5&keywords=Les+Mercedes+Pagode  (note you need to copy and paste that entire line into your browser; it didn't take all of it on this forum here.)

Based on Bob's comment, I assume that Pagoda World #14 is released; this is good news but I have not received my copy yet.

For those that are MBCA members, I did write an article for the last Star magazine on the hobby of collecting Mercedes books, and how I've come to find and buy the ones I have.  When you see it, buy it--for sure if you don't, you'll be finding things like Bob G--NLA.  Now it is time to scour the used book markets...
Michael Salemi
Davidson, North Carolina (Charlotte Area) USA
1969 280SL (USA-Spec)
Signal Red 568G w/Black Leather (Restored)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid "Area 51"
2023 Ford Escape Hybrid
2024 Ford Mustang Mach Ex PEV