Author Topic: rear bumper quality for 69 280SL  (Read 2700 times)

Valvechatter

rear bumper quality for 69 280SL
« on: August 27, 2013, 18:47:33 »
Hello all,
I learned long ago that if it seems to good to be true it probably is. However, I guess we are always looking for bargains (sometimes at the expense of value). Anyway, benzrestorer on ebay has new rear bumpers without the overrider holes for $325 for a pair. His ad says:

BUMPERS: The end-user can save significantly by using aftermarket bumpers as opposed to OE. We defy any of our customers’ ability to pick the aftermarket from the original. These bumpers duplicate the originals exactly, both in quality and appearance. The bright work is perfect, the fit and finish exceptional. The only difference is the price.

http://tinyurl.com/k26yext

He does permit returns in 14 days with a 20% overstock fee.

If someone has ordered these bumpers before, I sure would appreciate another opinion on quality and fit. Please contact me through a personal message if you would rather not comment publicly on a vendor - I certainly understand.

Thank  you!

I am new at this and don't really have the experience to know yet who to use for various parts and from whom to who to shy away. I hope this kind of enquiry is OK with Forum rules.

Lin

Peter van Es

• Honorary Member
  • Platinum
  • Netherlands, North Holland, Nederhorst Den Berg
Re: rear bumper quality for 69 280SL
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 06:05:12 »
That's why we have Ebay and other vendor experiences. Search for him there and form your own opinion.

Peter
1970 280SL. System Admin of the site. Please do not mail or PM me questions on Pagoda's... I'm not likely to know the answer.  Please post on the forum instead!

Valvechatter

Re: rear bumper quality for 69 280SL
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2013, 10:12:00 »
Thank you, Peter. Got it.
Lin