Author Topic: Outstanding chromer in Belgium  (Read 5109 times)

jameshoward

• Associate Member
  • Platinum
  • United States, New Jersey (formerly of London)
Outstanding chromer in Belgium
« on: July 02, 2015, 22:29:20 »
I had my rear bumpers repaired (they were dented long, long ago) and front grille repaired and rechromed last year by a guy in Belgium that I was put in touch with. He runs his own shop. I went to meet him, because my grille was in a bit of a mess, with the star broken, etc. It needed braising and some dents knocked out of the surround.

I've just had my front bumpers rechromed, and he did a friends Jag bumpers at the same time. The Jag is with - supposedly - one of the top sprayers in the south of England for a full bare metal respray. (Judging by the cost, he'd better be that good). Anyway, the bumpers came back today and the sprayer says it's the best work he's seen. I have to say it's pretty outstanding. His prices are also very good indeed.

I'll post some pics, but needless to say pictures of new chrome aren't really much good. You have to see it.

The chromer normally does things like American juke boxes and 50s pinball machines. I'll check to see if he's happy for me to put his details on the site and if he is, I'll list them here.

Pics to follow.

For those in the UK, shipping one way from Belgium to the UK for one set of 113 front bumpers and one full (F+R) set of E TYpe bumpers was 80 euros.
James Howard
1966 LHD 230SL

tel76

• Associate Member
  • Gold
  • United Kingdom, Isle of Man, Douglas
Re: Outstanding chromer in Belgium
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2015, 07:28:21 »
James,
How much did he charge for the bumpers?
Eric

pdc

• Senior
  • Belgium, West-Vlaanderen, Koksijde
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2015, 07:31:59 »
Hi James,

Would you mind sharing who the Belgian Guy is? I live in Belgium and am currently looking at doing some chrome work done. Requested for a quote from belcroom who was recommended to me. However there is a waiting time of several months !

I was told there is another one in Ghent area who would be good but they are hard to find. Will see if I can find the details.
late 67  250SL
4 speed manual
Euro version
Pascal

jameshoward

• Associate Member
  • Platinum
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2015, 16:20:12 »
James,
How much did he charge for the bumpers?
  I've PM'd you, Eric.
James Howard
1966 LHD 230SL

jameshoward

• Associate Member
  • Platinum
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2015, 16:24:58 »
Pdc,

I just wanted to check with Christof that he's happy for me to splash his details across the forum, and he is (unsurprisingly).

So, Christof Claes, who is the owner of this set up: http://www.cromagevoorspoels.be/

This top sprayer guy in the UK who saw my friends chrome is going to speak to Christof (who speaks perfect English, is a top, top guy and a bit of a petrol head) about doing his chroming in the future.

I'm going to spray the insides of my bumpers this weekend to finish them off, and then I'll post some pics.

If you say that I put you in touch, he'll make the link and will, I'm certain, look after you very well. He's extremely highly skilled given the way he reconditioned my pot-iron grill star and surround.

Let me know what you think.

JH
James Howard
1966 LHD 230SL

rwmastel

• Platinum
  • USA, OH, Canal Winchester
  • Pagoda SL Group: 20+ years and going strong!
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2015, 18:34:42 »
Rodd

Did you search the forum before asking?
2017 C43 AMG
2006 Wrangler Rubicon
1966 230SL auto "Italian"

pdc

• Senior
  • Belgium, West-Vlaanderen, Koksijde
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2015, 18:56:12 »