Author Topic: Searching for the Best Mechanic in Orlando Florida Area  (Read 4452 times)

67w113

Searching for the Best Mechanic in Orlando Florida Area
« on: January 19, 2016, 20:27:47 »
Hello,  just getting my w113 back on the road after a year of slumber (long story) anyways I have a few minor issues such as rough idle, small differential leak and possibly low compression in one of my cylinders.  I would rather have a professional tackle the issues as I have no space to really work on the car.  Any suggestions for a great mechanic in the Orlando, Florida area?  Basically the Eastern Central area of Florida. I would consider going to someone in South Florida or North Florida, I just want a really, really good SL Mechanic.

Thanks in advance for your replies 
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 18:29:04 by 67w113 »

StevenF

• Silver
  • USA, NY, Merrick
Re: Searching for the Best Mechanic in Melbourne/Orlando Floriida Area
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2016, 23:47:31 »
Get in touch with Pierre Hedary --he is the best!
Tell him Steven from NY recommended you
http://pierrehedary.com

1-407-765-2867

Regards
Steven
1971 280sl
Red Metallic
Bamboo MB Tex

67w113

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2016, 18:25:08 »
Many thanks for the info, will be calling him soon.

StevenF

• Silver
  • USA, NY, Merrick
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2016, 23:52:11 »
Did you call him?
1971 280sl
Red Metallic
Bamboo MB Tex

67w113

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2016, 00:40:57 »
Hey Steve have not called him yet, have to work on logistics or getting a ride back home, also thinking of re-doing my seats as the seat covers are in need of refresh.  Still have the rough idle and maybe low compression and a few other small issues, weather is not good for taking it in but I will call him soon to discuss scheduling , etc.  Would also like to burn through a tank of the gas running up and down A1A to see if I just have 'old" gas causing some idling issues.  I will definitely name drop you if you do not mind.

Need to decide between vinyl vs leather as I currently have vinyl black MB-tex but wonder if the upgrade to leather is worth it.  May start another thread on Vinyl vs leather, monitoring the Diff leak and trying to verify if i truly have a ATF leak.  Rain Rain Rain currently keeping the car snug in the garage.  Also eyeing the new Gen 2 AC units sold out of Buds Benz, I sweat real bad in the summertime here and it keeps my from even driving it to work, around town when the sun is up, will maybe start another thread on reviews of Buds Gen 2 AC's, would like to do all at once to prevent driving back and forth to O-Town.

hauser

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2016, 03:40:41 »
Hi, BTW Pierre knows a pretty good interior guy.

Macpack62

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2016, 04:10:04 »
Another great mechanic is Marc @ Marc's Antique Auto Restoration in Kissimmee (805 Parkway Plaza Blvd.). Small two man shop, so call ahead (sorry don't have number on me) tell Marc issues and set-up an appointment.

Great upholstery shop is Maitland Auto Upholstery in Maitland. Ask for Don.

Both shops work on my 97 SL500 and 71 280SL.

Good Luck,
Dave
71 280SL