Author Topic: Front footwell rubber mats  (Read 5084 times)

n/a

Front footwell rubber mats
« on: April 29, 2003, 13:35:18 »
In my misguided quest for originality, I am trying to install the correct  rubber mats in the front footwells.  Using the currently available MB spare parts, the RH side is no problem -- its fits perfectly.

The LH side (PN 113 684 09 02) does not work -- the retaining pin holes don't line up and there are no cutouts for dimmer switch etc (which are clearly visible in the pictures of the mats shown in the parts book).  According the parts book, this is the correct PN for LH mats -- and SLS has told me that MB has reproduced the RHD version of the mat for both RHD & LHD applications.

Does anyone know if this correct?  Is anyone reproducing LH rubber mats for LHD cars with the correct cutouts?

Lowell Paddock
1966 230SL

Douglas

Re: Front footwell rubber mats
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2003, 18:51:38 »
lowell,

this is digressing from your query, but it must be asked -- can we see a photo of your car please?

hope you can oblige & thanks.

Douglas Kim
New York, NY

Albert-230SL

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2003, 04:29:38 »
Hi Lowell,

I bought a set of grey rubber mats some time ago. I think they even came with MB part numbers, but I had to cut some holes for the dimmer switch, etc. on the LH mat. I was surprised (because it seems a LH mat for a RHD car), but it's not difficult to adapt it, and if you cut it with care, the final result is good.

Regards,

Albert de la Torre Chavalera
Barcelona (Catalunya/Spain)
Feb.'64 230 SL Euro 113042-10-002432

n/a

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2003, 05:47:23 »
Photo of the car, or photo of the footwell??

Lowell