Author Topic: Euro Headlight Reflectors  (Read 16134 times)

pagode.info

Re: Euro Headlight Reflectors
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2004, 11:32:41 »
NEW headlights are always Bosch.
No repros on the market.

Because of price differences
some are claiming that they
have "the better" quality.

Truely they all sell the same.
You can go for the best price.

Have a nice day,

Tom

www.pagode.info

rwmastel

• Platinum
  • USA, OH, Canal Winchester
  • Pagoda SL Group: 20+ years and going strong!
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2005, 20:41:00 »
I got my slightly used headlight reflectors from Van Dijk today! They are very nice, almost new. They have just a few very small scratches here and there. They have the rubber cylinders (a couple are missing) used to pivot on when adjusting the aim. They have light bulbs in the turn signal and fog light assemblies. I can't wait to get them installed. When I have a few "extra" dollars I will send out my old ones to get re-finished and I'll report on the quality of that work.

Rodd
Powell, Ohio, USA
1966 230SL, Euro, Auto, Leather, both  tops
1994 E420
Rodd

Did you search the forum before asking?
2017 C43 AMG
2006 Wrangler Rubicon
1966 230SL auto "Italian"

drewsalisbury

« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2005, 21:27:41 »
Are the spring clips that hold the euro glass lens to the headlight frame available?  I would like to order some as there are a couple missing from each headlight and I could use a few of them as spares...they're real easy to lose.
Drew Salisbury
1965 230sl, euro lights with half the complement of clips
1971 280sl, US lights

Drew Salisbury

n/a

« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2005, 08:02:48 »
With the many cars I have restored over 30 years I have always resilvered the headlight reflectors (good old aluminium foil does a damn good job for tail lights and parkers etc, at a pinch!).

Paint will NEVER do. Polishing will NEVER do. Unmolested, untouched silver is the only way.

Look under 'electroplaters' and you'll find many that can do the job. It costs a bit, but nothing else works.

Maybe it's the 30 years of restoring cars that now makes me an 'unrestored and original' fella...

Cheers!

Neil Rote, Melbourne Australia
Unrestored '64