Author Topic: Soft top supplier question  (Read 2457 times)

Brenco

• Associate Member
  • Junior Level
  • Ireland, Dublin, Rathfarnham
  • 1969 280sl auto light ivory
Soft top supplier question
« on: March 02, 2018, 16:37:57 »
A question about soft top supplier...
While I am aware of the the suppliers list in technical section I noticed recently that a US supplier called Topsonline sells a variety of the soft top types that were originally available for the pagoda including the sonnenland type. My question is has anyone bought from this supplier and is aware of the quality, customer experience with them. I am particularly interested in the sonnenland type.

Here's a link
https://www.topsonline.com/model/Convertible_Tops_And_Accessories/Mercedes_Benz/1963_thru_1971_Mercedes_Pagoda_230SL,_250SL_And_280SL_(Chassis_W113).html

I have no connection with them, just in the market  for a soft top at some point.
Thanks

Breandan
1969 280sl auto US model light ivory

Tyler S

• Associate Member
  • Platinum
  • USA, CA, Encinitas
Re: Soft top supplier question
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2018, 00:42:35 »
Breandan. If you see their disclaimer they offer "Robbins" brand tops as well as their own in house "TopsOnline" brand.
I have not ordered through this company, however, when I ordered my Sonnenland top from a different supplier (GAT) I was sent a Robbins top. I am happy whith the quality of the top.
Be sure to count how many Bows you have in your soft top frame. It will either be 3 or 4. They will need to know this or you could end up with the wrong top.
1968 (67) 250sl. 4 speed manual. DB180 Silver
1955 220 Cabriolet A. White Grey
2019 E450 Wagon. Majestic Blue
1936 Ford PU Flathead V8. Creme on tan interior.
1989 Volkswagen T3 Westfailia Campmobile. Dove Grey (blue)

Brenco

• Associate Member
  • Junior Level
  • Ireland, Dublin, Rathfarnham
  • 1969 280sl auto light ivory
Re: Soft top supplier question
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2018, 17:26:29 »
Thanks Tyler. I have a 69 280 sl so its the 4 bow soft top I need. After your post I looked up the Robbins brand and see that Robbins supply soft tops (or maybe its the material?) to many other resellers including Topsonline. Its definitely worth considering Robbins and good to see you are happy with it. I'm still interested  to see if anyone has a view on the quality of their own Topsonline brand which they sell alongside the Robbins brand but thanks for your reply. 
Breandan
1969 280sl auto US model light ivory