Author Topic: Richard Madison  (Read 3663 times)

peterm

Richard Madison
« on: April 21, 2005, 20:17:21 »
Seems Richard has decided to leave our flock.  I'd just like to send out an internet applause to him for his dedication, guidance, selfless sacrifice and tireless efforts.  

Apparently he's sold "Brownie", and he will be sorely missed as a participant in our many events. He had a broad practical knowledge of the pagoda and I think for the next local MB club event we'll leave an empty spot in the line up of pagodas in his honor.

My first internet exposure to the pagoda was his website with its complete introductory review of the 113.

Thanks for everything Richard and I hope to see you as a voyeur at future MB events

zanone

Re: Richard Madison
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2005, 20:54:42 »
I agree and had the pleasure of meeting Richard while in New York recently and had the opportunity to see his brown beauty. I gave him a deposit on his car but was unable to complete the deal and being a gentleman, he is returning my money. His Pagoda is priced right for such a nice 71 with documentation.      

rwmastel

• Platinum
  • USA, OH, Canal Winchester
  • Pagoda SL Group: 20+ years and going strong!
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2005, 21:26:46 »
We will all miss Richard and his contributions to the Group.  Yes, I saw his car for sale at www.mercedesshop.com/shopforum and someone is getting a really nice car.  I had the pleasure of meeting him at the 2003 Ohio Tech Session.  He'll be missed around here!

Rodd
Powell, Ohio, USA
1966 230SL, Euro, Auto, Leather, both  tops
1994 E420
Rodd

Did you search the forum before asking?
2017 C43 AMG
2006 Wrangler Rubicon
1966 230SL auto "Italian"

hauser

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2005, 23:37:45 »
No doubt about Richard's website!  I can't remember how many times I would come across it when searching for a car.

1969 280sl 5 spd
Gainesville, Fl.

http://www.panix.com/~rmadison/mercedes.shtml

zanone

admin

• Administrator
  • Regular
  • USA, NY,
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2005, 03:03:26 »
Hi all:

I appreciate your kind words but as I am a modest, retiring type, please: let's limit this thread to 10 or 20 more very complimentary messages  :o)

I'm slowly (don't push) moving away from Pagoda activities. I'll be staying on this website for a while longer and will not leave until it is handed off to others who, I'm sure, will do an even better job than my weak efforts.

I sold the car quietly and not on this website so as not to create a panic about my running (not driving) away and abandoning this Pagoda community.

After a new Admin and Moderators are in place, I'll just fade away.

Thanks again for your good wishes. The car may be gone but I'll still be around for a while.

Richard M: Admin, Moderator, 280sl71, and Troublemaker

ja17

• Platinum
  • USA, OH, Blacklick
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2005, 20:53:11 »
Hello Richard,
Sorry to see you go. These cars tend to get into your blood, so I would not be surprized to see you in the seat of a W113 again someday if your parking situation chages. We'll be here for you, stop in and visit old friends here in cyberspace if you get a chance!

We enjoyed meeting you at the tech session in 2003. Good luck and if you ever find yourself close to Blacklick, Ohio again, fell free to look us up!

Joe Alexander
Blacklick, Ohio
Joe Alexander
Blacklick, Ohio
1969 Dark Olive 280SL
2002 ML55 AMG (tow vehicle)
2002 SLK32 AMG (350 hp)
1982 300TD Wagon turbo 4spd.
1963 404 Mercedes Unimog (Swedish Army)
1989 flu419 Mercedes Unimog (US Army)
1998 E430
1974 450SLC Rally