Author Topic: Cars needed for Film Shoots in the NorthEast  (Read 3506 times)

creativefilmcars

Cars needed for Film Shoots in the NorthEast
« on: April 22, 2005, 10:00:44 »
Hi!

We’re from Creative Film Cars in Manhattan. We provide special vehicles for film, television, fashion shoots, magazines and special events.

We would like to invite the members of your club to submit their vehicles to our film car database.

There is absolutely NO cost. Zero, zip, zilch, nada.
Your members will be paid if the car is used for a project.

On the day of the shoot the vehicle is fully insured and treated with the utmost respect. In most cases no driving will be required. They just have to look pretty. The owner is welcome to stay with the vehicle for the duration of the shoot, and has complete control over the use of their car. A check arrives a few days later. Voila!

Additional benefits, besides the check and hanging out with entertainment folks, are increasing the vehicles provenance, value, possible tax write-offs, and seeing their vehicles in print or on film.

Direct you membership to http://www.creativefilmcars.com/submit.htm where they can submit their vehicles. We do shoots primarily in the North East around New York City.

If you know of any other clubs in the area that might be interested please pass this on.

For more info give us a call at 212-864-4060 or go to www.creativefilmcars.com

Cheers,
Donald and John
info@creativefilmcars.com

Cees Klumper

• Platinum
  • USA, CA, Fallbrook
    • http://SL113.org
Re: Cars needed for Film Shoots in the NorthEast
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2005, 15:11:56 »
This sounds good.

Other Mercedes clubs that would be of interest are the 190 SL Group:

http://www.190slgroup.com/

and the 300 SL Group (for the fairly exotic SL's):

http://www.gullwinggroup.org/

Cees ("Case") Klumper in Amsterdam
'69 white 280 SL automatic
Cees Klumper
1969 Mercedes 280 SL automatic
1968 Ford Mustang 302 V8
1961 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Sprint Coupe 1600
1962 FIAT 1500S OSCA convertible
1972 Lancia Fulvia Coupe 1.3
1983 Porsche 944 2.5
1990 Ford Bronco II

creativefilmcars

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2005, 16:43:45 »
cees klumper, thank you for your help. I will send an invitation to them as well. Cheers.

Bearcat

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2005, 17:04:07 »
ehh Cees, would you give your beloved gullwing that you painstakingly restored to a bunch of actors and stunt drivers?.....NO. I was offered by a film crew to take my car.....my reply was no.

Douglas

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2005, 17:11:25 »
I think Bearcat's concerns are reasonable, but it also sounds like the company is pretty sensitive to owners as they explicitly point out that you can watch the vehicle during the shoot.

I've done this kind of thing before with a couple of other cars I've owned and it was a lot of fun. Perhaps the most fun about it though, was the fact that the darn things were paying ME for once instead of vice versa.

Douglas Kim
New York, NY
280 SL #016220

Bearcat

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2005, 06:28:22 »
State side I think folk in general have an appreciation for old machinery and use accordingly. Where I am, people have the atitude if i'm hiring it well i'll use it as i see fit...now on that note I am looking at a 1981 380 SLC .....apart from rust issues any things to watch out for?

280SL 1970
S500 2000
E300TD Est 1998
PA18 1957

rwmastel

• Platinum
  • USA, OH, Canal Winchester
  • Pagoda SL Group: 20+ years and going strong!
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2005, 18:04:03 »
quote:
Originally posted by Bearcat

...now on that note I am looking at a 1981 380 SLC .....apart from rust issues any things to watch out for?
The early versions had a single row timing chain that needed replaced often (every 60,000 miles?), so look for documentation.

Rodd
Powell, Ohio, USA
1966 230SL, Euro, Auto, Leather, both  tops
1994 E420
Rodd

Did you search the forum before asking?
2017 C43 AMG
2006 Wrangler Rubicon
1966 230SL auto "Italian"

Raymond

• Platinum
  • USA, FL, Jacksonville
    • GemstoneMediaInc.com
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2005, 18:35:41 »
I'm a Producer who has been in film and television for 35 years.  I have used cars from a 1910 brass radiator T to the Batmobile. This can be a good opportunity for our car owners. Bearcat has the right to be as protective of his car as he likes.  There are some Pagoda owners who don't let their family members drive the car.  

Tips: Any production company who approaches you can provide you with a Certificate of Liability Insurance and their rental agreement will contain a Hold Harmless clause to protect you.  In the case of an agent like Creative Film Cars, they can give you references from car owners they have worked with before.  Ask exactly how the car will be used.  Many times it is just for background and not driven.  The Star Cars will usually be purchased because they're in use so many days it's cheaper than renting.  Ask if there are any adverse weather scenes, pyrotechnics, or stunts.  I am in a position to ask to read the script pages, they probably wouldn't share that with you, but you could ask.

This can be a great opportunity for Pagoda owners who enjoy sharing  our cars with the world and who want to see a production in progress.

Ray
'68 280SL 4-spd Coupe
Ray
'68 280SL 5-spd "California" Coupe