Author Topic: WIPER MOTOR SUBSTITUTE  (Read 2876 times)

n/a

WIPER MOTOR SUBSTITUTE
« on: July 06, 2005, 13:01:47 »
Having had the bad luck of buying 2 sl113's lately with duff wiper motor's, i set about looking for a suitable replacement. As the original is sat end on there is nothing made these days that is remotley similar.
The only way is to find a modern compact sideways fitting unit.After looking at hundreds finally found a BOSCH unit off a EUROPEAN MITSIBUSHI Charisma that as well as being compact allso had a longer drive shaft.
 I made a plate that was just a bit bigger than the original mount , drilled it for the replacement motor, sealed behind it etc, i had to drill a hole in behind half inch left of the original hole to get it in,
the wiper mechanism bolted straight up , no modifications. Getting the wiring right was more difficult , but i kept all the original wiring standard, now works great.

ADMINISTRATOR: I have removed the reference to your link to your commercial parts page. Placing commercial links is not allowed under our policy.

Ben

Re: WIPER MOTOR SUBSTITUTE
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2005, 04:12:04 »
That looks pretty good ....welll done !

So would it be possible to utilse the variable intermittant feature at all !  Its one thing I find very irritating on these cars !

Regards,
Ben in Ireland.
'64 230SL 4sp.

n/a

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2005, 00:46:31 »
quote:
Originally posted by Ben

That looks pretty good ....welll done !

So would it be possible to utilse the variable intermittant feature at all !  Its one thing I find very irritating on these cars !

Regards,
Ben in Ireland.
'64 230SL 4sp.

keeping the wiring standard you will only get the 2 speed's.You would need to put in a seperate swich or relay to get intermittant wipe action . thanks LEVACE

Ben

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2005, 03:16:19 »
Yes its something I am considering doing, maybe with a descreet switch and rheostat somewhere ! Just wondered if you considered it at all !

Regards,
Ben in Ireland.
'64 230SL 4sp.