Author Topic: Kinder seat  (Read 2494 times)

JamesL

• Platinum
  • United Kingdom, London, London
Kinder seat
« on: July 26, 2005, 03:11:56 »
Our family size is soon to increase by 50% :oops:

And we love our car. However, neither of us want to put it in mothballs or sell it if it's going to get no use until we can utilise the kinder seat with a "kid" rather than a toddler

Has anyone replaced/utilised the kinder seat with a modern car seat in place?

Has anyone managed to put a seat belt on the kinder seat?

I know it's not the safest way of travelling but if we are to go anywhere "en famille" in Audrey, we have few choices. Well, there is one, buy a R107 ;)
James L
Oct69 RHD 280 in DB906 with cognac leather

Kenneth Gear

• Silver
  • USA, VA, Fairfax Station
Re: Kinder seat
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2005, 06:01:19 »
I looked into the same issue a while back.  What I found was that it is not safe to sit sideways in a car even in a car seat.  I was told that it was safer to install the car seat on the rear shelf facing forward.  I recall and earlier post from a member who welded anchors into the floor under the rear shelf and was able to attach seat belts to them and to install a front facing car seat.

Congrtaulations by the way.  I'm expecting my 3rd in a few months so I have given up hope of fitting the whole family in the car.  I have however, left my wife at home a few times and installed a car seat in the font seat and taken my 3 year old daughter for a few trips.  Also, not very safe but they were short trips.  It was great fun.

Let us know how you make out.

Ken G
1971 280 SL
Silver/red
Ken G
1971 280 SL Silver/red

JamesL

• Platinum
  • United Kingdom, London, London
Re: Kinder seat
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2005, 06:40:56 »
I already made out, that's what got me into this mess in the first place ;)
James L
Oct69 RHD 280 in DB906 with cognac leather