Author Topic: Wheel sizes  (Read 3911 times)

craigb

Wheel sizes
« on: October 13, 2008, 18:13:25 »
I like the look of my pagoda on its standard wheels but I have a track day coming up and for a little more grip wanted to use my 6.5 inch wide bundt wheels with 215 x 65 Yokahama tyres for a little more grip. Of course I will find out if there are any issues with rubbing by bolting them on and taking it for a thrash, but just thought I might try and save some effort and maybe some paint by asking here if anyone else runs this combination without any problems.

Thank you.

hauser

Re: Wheel sizes
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 18:20:58 »
There is a bundt 7x15 that would work.  They are usually found on ebay Germany.

craigb

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2008, 19:59:52 »
I read my post again and see it is not that clear now!

I sprint a W116 here in Adelaide and it has on it a set of 6.5 x 14 with those tyres that work pretty well. I have some issues with that car and not enough time to fix them by the 26/10 sprint, so I thought I would give the pagoda a go for this last event of the year. Always nice to find out what a car can do in controlled circumstances like at a track!

But I think you have answered my question, because if 7 x 15's can run without rubbing etc then my rims will work fine.

PS if I can get my act together I will video, put it on you tube and send a link here.

Khurram Darugar

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2008, 18:06:00 »
Wow video would be totally cool.
Good luck on race day!