Author Topic: Vintage exhaust gas tester  (Read 2882 times)

Ricardo

Vintage exhaust gas tester
« on: January 26, 2006, 16:32:19 »
I've been wanting to get a CO2 meter for a while and found an old one on ebay....actually I bought it ...I know, I know, I've been chastised already  :( , but now that I have it, I wonder if there's any hope of it being useful....does anyone know if there's a site devoted to vintage garage tools, or a place where one might get info....

It also has me wondering if we should start a list of sorts regarding tools and tips that owners might find useful... things like the chainsaw tip greaser, that works for lubing 113 door hinges, and the sparkplug socket/gas tank drain plug tip from Dr.Dan.... tools to use when you don't have the "special" tools called for
Any thoughts Cees?
Richard V
'67 250SL
Download Attachment: Vintage tester 1.jpg
65.36 KB

Download Attachment: Vintage tester 3.jpg
82.99 KB

Cees Klumper

• Platinum
  • USA, CA, De Luz and Los Angeles
    • http://SL113.org
Re: Vintage exhaust gas tester
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2006, 16:50:18 »
"Any thoughts Cees?"

Well ... with respect to CO2 testers I have seen references to having to calibrate them from time to time, and that there may be filters or parts that need replacing after some time. That said, my Gunson Gastester Professional manual does not refer to either (other than the calibrating, but that is done every time it is used fairly simply).

Great idea I think to start a list of tool specifics. The best place on the website for something like that might be (for the time being) the Technical Articles on the homepage. We will have to see about setting this up in a convenient way.

Cees ("Case") Klumper in Amsterdam
'69 white 280 SL automatic
Cees Klumper
1969 Mercedes 280 SL automatic
1968 Ford Mustang 302 V8
1961 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Sprint Coupe 1600
1962 FIAT 1500S OSCA convertible
1972 Lancia Fulvia Coupe 1.3
1983 Porsche 944 2.5
1990 Ford Bronco II