Author Topic: Carsschmitt?  (Read 2324 times)

J. Huber

• Platinum
  • USA, CA, Cedar Ridge
Carsschmitt?
« on: February 03, 2006, 13:20:23 »
Anyone who has looked on Ebay for Pagodas and/or Pagoda stuff, has surely seen the 6 or 7 cars at the top. Seller is carschmitt.com. Cars always seem pretty nice. Question is: Has anyone ever actually bought one? Is there actually a showroom in St. Louis that has these babies just sitting around?

James
63 230SL
James
63 230SL

Douglas

Re: Carsschmitt?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2006, 14:03:22 »
James,

Run a search on "Schmitt." They've been discussed here.

waltklatt

• Associate Member
  • Platinum
  • USA
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2006, 14:06:11 »
Hello James,
Yes, they actually do exist.  I have been there with a good friend who lives in the area.  They always seem to have a few of these Pagodas in their inventory.  Not to mention others like muscle cars and the likes.  They even had a derelict or abandoned looking E type Jaguar stripped of all it's bits sitting halfway in a dumpster area.  Their cars seem to be of a high quality work, but not the perfect one.  The notches on the headlights were missing on 6 out of 7 cars they had when I saw them.  
Walter Klatt
1967 220SL-diesel
1963 230SL-gas

J. Huber

• Platinum
  • USA, CA, Cedar Ridge
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2006, 14:14:19 »
Thanks Walt and Douglas. Douglas, I followed your advice and did a search -- you were right. Lots of discussion. Only thing I wonder now is -- where the heck was I during these posts? I pride myself on never missing a beat here...(call it obsessed, if you must...)

James
63 230SL
James
63 230SL