Author Topic: Body Shop Recommenations--East Coast?  (Read 3834 times)

n/a

Body Shop Recommenations--East Coast?
« on: May 06, 2006, 23:17:14 »

My car has exceptional original paint with the exception of the driver's door, which has a number of dings and small dents.  I'm looking for an excellent paint/body shop which could expertly repaint the door.  I live in Baltimore, but I'd be willing to drive anywhere within a roughly 300 mile radius.  So if you know of any excellent paint shops out there, please let me know!  Thanks, Charles

mdsalemi

• Pagoda SL Board
  • Platinum
  • USA, NC, Davidson
Re: Body Shop Recommenations--East Coast?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2006, 08:36:14 »
Charles,

A good way to find this information out yourself is to contact your local INDEPENDENT BMW, Mercedes, and Porsche REPAIR facilities, and ask them for recommendations.  If you can't find these, contact the local sections of the BMWCCA, Porsche Club (I think there are several) and MBCA, and talk to the officers of these clubs.  They'll tell you the well-respected repair facilities, and might even have the body shop recommendations.

If you were to do that around here in Detroit, a very short list of body shops would arise; I'm certain the same would happen in Baltimore.

That being said, Bob Platz of Precision Autoworks in Camden, NJ has restored many fine Mercedes; and is well respected among the Gull-Wing and 190SL groups.  I've also seen his work and it is wonderful.  Camden should be close enough to Baltimore.  If his shop can't help you, he can certainly point you in the right direction.

Bob Platz
Precision Auto Works
2202 Federal St
Camden, NJ 08105  
(856) 966-0080

Good Luck.

Michael Salemi
1969 280SL
Signal Red w/Black Leather
Restored
Michael Salemi
Davidson, North Carolina (Charlotte Area) USA
1969 280SL (USA-Spec)
Signal Red 568G w/Black Leather (Restored)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid "Area 51"
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid
2023 Ford Escape Hybrid

Kenneth Gear

• Silver
  • USA, VA, Fairfax Station
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2006, 15:46:42 »
Try AMP = I think its Advanced Metal Performance, they are up in Fredrick Co.  I met the owner and saw his work on a pagoda in Virginia and was impressed.  

he does restoration body work

Ken G
1971 280 SL
Silver/red
Ken G
1971 280 SL Silver/red

Douglas

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2006, 16:09:27 »
Platz does good work. I can confirm what Michael said.

There's also a good shop outside of NYC in Stratford, CT called Automotive Restorations Inc. The owner is Kent Bain. Very knowledgeable people who have restored many Pagodas. I believe their website is www.automotiverestorations.com

Douglas Kim
New York
USA
« Last Edit: May 07, 2006, 16:09:53 by Douglas »