Author Topic: New Member  (Read 2193 times)

LindyL

« on: July 30, 2006, 10:41:22 »
This spring my wife and I purchased a 1970 280SL in great shape.  It has a cream body, black tops (both soft and hard)and black interior.  It had been in storage for about four years.  After a good detailing, flushing fluids, replacing plugs and wiring, it is a beautiful little car.  We spend the summer months in the cool North Carolina mountains and I desided to show the car in the local 4th of July car show.  Somewhat to my surprise and because we are novices, we won first place in our class.  I must confess that we also won last place because our car was the only one in its class.  We did have a great time and met a lot of great local people.  The trophy also looks good on our mantel.  In the fall we will be moving back to the Charlotte, NC area and would like to meet other SL owners.  Please contact us.  Thanks  8)

dwilli3038

Re: New Member
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2006, 18:09:57 »
hello Lindy,

Congrats on the trophy. Charlotte is not that far from GA. Please consider bringing your car to the annual June show in Athens We always have plenty of SLs including the 300SLs, 190s , the 113s as well as the newer ones

Daryl
'64 230 SL
Serial # 508