Author Topic: Vancouver BC members?  (Read 6421 times)

joel

Vancouver BC members?
« on: September 17, 2008, 15:40:22 »
Hi, are there any members residing in Vancouver, BC

scoot

• Platinum
  • USA, CA, Altadena
Re: Vancouver BC members?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2008, 16:37:30 »
There are, but in case they don't happen to read this thread you can search them out yourself by clicking on the "members" link above, and the sorting by "Country", and then paging until it starts listing Canada and looking at each member.   There's a bunch of Canadians (Benz Dr. is one of my personal favs but he's on the other side of Kanada).   <political statement removed by me as it offended someone and this isn't the place for politics>
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 20:51:48 by scoot »
Scott Allen
'67 250 SL (early)
Altadena, California

Cees Klumper

• Platinum
  • USA, CA, De Luz and Los Angeles
    • http://SL113.org
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2008, 16:48:28 »
Scoot - you should also consider 'the old country' - plenty of Pagodas and most of us speak decent English as well ...
Cees Klumper
1969 Mercedes 280 SL automatic
1968 Ford Mustang 302 V8
1961 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Sprint Coupe 1600
1962 FIAT 1500S OSCA convertible
1972 Lancia Fulvia Coupe 1.3
1983 Porsche 944 2.5
1990 Ford Bronco II

Douglas

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2008, 17:33:16 »
Well, there's the late Vincent Eastman, but we all know the fate his 280SL suffered:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqoRmnJ1pwE

:(
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 18:28:42 by Douglas »

Richard S

• Junior Level
  • USA, WA, Anacortes
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2008, 17:51:30 »
I'm just across the border in Anacortes.  Makes for a nice drive if you need an excuse.

Richard
250SL RHD
Midnight Blue
Richard
250SL RHD
Midnight Blue

scoot

• Platinum
  • USA, CA, Altadena
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2008, 17:58:57 »
quote:
Originally posted by cees klumper

Scoot - you should also consider 'the old country' - plenty of Pagodas and most of us speak decent English as well ...

The old country sounds great to me, and they don't shoot my type in the Netherlands either!   Kind of concerned about Pagodas and weather there though....    :-)
Scott Allen
'67 250 SL (early)
Altadena, California

seattle_Jerry

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2008, 00:49:59 »
quote:
Originally posted by scoot

<political statement removed by me as it offended someone and this isn't the place for politics>

To me this would be the perfect place for politics in an election year...a forum of dissimilar people brought together by the commonality of our cars.

Its difficult to make progress when lefts go to left forums and rights to right forums to discuss political issues. Everyone hears exactly what they want to hear and misses out on new perspectives.

Personally, I wouldn't vote for anyone who would run for office...but you gotta pick someone.

Richard Madison

• Associate Member
  • Platinum
  • USA, NY, New York
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2008, 03:54:50 »
This gives me an chance to mention that about 300 Forum Members do not have a country indicated in their Member Profile.

When the Country is filled in we can all see where a member is located when a question is asked like: "Where can I find a parts place nearby?"

A Country entry also allows others to learn where these elegant cars are living.

Please Click on "Members" at the top of the page and make sure your City and County are filled in.

Thanks,

Richard M, Moderator
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 08:09:41 by 280SL71 »
1969 280 SL, Tunis Beige, Euro Model (Italy).

scoot

• Platinum
  • USA, CA, Altadena
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2008, 11:54:57 »
quote:
Originally posted by seattle_Jerry

To me this would be the perfect place for politics in an election year...a forum of dissimilar people brought together by the commonality of our cars.

Its difficult to make progress when lefts go to left forums and rights to right forums to discuss political issues. Everyone hears exactly what they want to hear and misses out on new perspectives.

There needs to be rules.  There needs to be politics-safe zones.  If politics are going to be on the forum, it's my opinion that they belong in a very specific separate sub-forum called Politics or something like that.  Political comments injected in the middle of a thread that has a topic only serve to distract from the thread and potentially polarize the readers and contributors.  I agree that taking a broad spectrum group like this and having an area for political debate could be very interesting, but I feel that if that is to take place, it should be in a designated area within the sl113 hierarchy.
Scott Allen
'67 250 SL (early)
Altadena, California

Cees Klumper

• Platinum
  • USA, CA, De Luz and Los Angeles
    • http://SL113.org
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2008, 14:48:35 »
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by cees klumper

The old country sounds great to me, and they don't shoot my type in the Netherlands either!   Kind of concerned about Pagodas and weather there though....    :-)

You have a point about the weather - although global warming (I hope this is not a political statement!) is improving things for us in that respect.
Cees Klumper
1969 Mercedes 280 SL automatic
1968 Ford Mustang 302 V8
1961 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Sprint Coupe 1600
1962 FIAT 1500S OSCA convertible
1972 Lancia Fulvia Coupe 1.3
1983 Porsche 944 2.5
1990 Ford Bronco II

Douglas

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2008, 16:20:07 »
quote:

Originally posted by seattle_Jerry

There needs to be rules.  There needs to be politics-safe zones.  If politics are going to be on the forum, it's my opinion that they belong in a very specific separate sub-forum called Politics or something like that.  

I agree. And by the way, I like Ike! (Oops!)

hands_aus

• Platinum
  • Australia, Queensland, Brisbane
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2008, 05:16:53 »
This forum has developed a very good reputation as a non political very friendly forum because it is about Pagodas.
Without politics there is no chance of anyone being offended.

Lets stay focused.

Another factor to remember is that not all members of this forum are from the USA or Canada.
Bob Smith (Brisbane,Australia)
RHD,1967 early 250 SL #114, auto, ps , 717,717
best of the best

jcjblo

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2008, 11:30:01 »
Hello
I am one of approx. 30 pagoda owners in Vancouver(some active, some not) You can also get more info from the local MB Club www.mercedesclub.ca on activities, etc. In the meantime if you have specific questions please email me directly.

seattle_Jerry

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2008, 12:49:14 »
That's a lot of pagodas for one city! I wonder how many we have in the Seattle area.