Author Topic: OT: Mercedes-Benz by Dennis Adler (First Gear)  (Read 2586 times)

mdsalemi

• Pagoda SL Board
  • Platinum
  • USA, NC, Davidson
OT: Mercedes-Benz by Dennis Adler (First Gear)
« on: October 30, 2008, 09:14:33 »
Hello All,

I have received one of the first copies of a new book by Dennis Adler, and published in the "First Gear" series by Motorbooks out of Minneapolis.  The book is titled Mercedes-Benz.

These two names should be quite familar.  Motorbooks publishes many books, perhaps hundreds, on all marques and subjects in the motoring world.  Pay a visit and you'll see what I mean: http://www.motorbooks.com/ .  You might have some of their publications on your shelf already; they have quite a few under the Mercedes-Benz topic.

Dennis Adler's name might sound familiar, at least for our North American members.  Dennis was a senior editor of The Star (the MBCA publication) from 1985 to 2006.  No doubt you've seen some of his stories and photographs; in fact the photos of that one-off Pinanfarina 230SL you see about now and then are his, I believe.  Prolific, too: he's authored over 50 books. http://search.barnesandnoble.com/bookSearch/results.asp?ATH=Dennis+Adler

It's a small format book, 6.5 x 8.25, and chock full of photographs; hundreds of nice color photos, most of them from Dennis.  There isn't a big section on the Pagoda; 4 pages plus a lot of mention in the intro to the 1960-1969 section.  That's because the book covers everything from the 19th century inception up to current production.

256 pages and a lot of Dennis Adler's excellent photograpy, mixed with some additional photography and images from the archives.

For those interested in another Mercedes book for your collection, this one is available now.
Michael Salemi
Davidson, North Carolina (Charlotte Area) USA
1969 280SL (USA-Spec)
Signal Red 568G w/Black Leather (Restored)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid "Area 51"
2023 Ford Escape Hybrid
2024 Ford Mustang Mach Ex PEV

Kemal

• Gold
  • United Kingdom, England, London
Re: OT: Mercedes-Benz by Dennis Adler (First Gear)
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2008, 12:31:59 »
Hi Michael,

Thank you,
Gone on my christmas list .

Kemal
280SL
Manual LHD 69
Kemal
280SL
Manual LHD69