Author Topic: Leather  (Read 5048 times)

mal

Leather
« on: November 15, 2003, 13:04:56 »
Hello, am new to your forum, i just bought a  1971 280sl from the USA, and shipped it home to Beirut.. Yes Beirut, Lebanon!
I am Currently working to recondition the whole car .. Engin is already re-built, and the car is being dimanteled to do the extirior.
I want to replace all the interior of the car Seats, Carpet, soft top etc.! Does anybody have any experience With Miller-Benz or do I go To GAHH or.. Please HELP

Bob G ✝︎

Re: Leather
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2003, 16:22:33 »
Go to GAHH. the only thing one of our members incountered was that the seat covers had vinyl pipping instaed of true leather. I guess you can special order this ,but it may be something you would want to know.

Bob Geco
1968 280SL
California USA

jay

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2003, 11:39:54 »
quote:
Originally posted by mal

Hello, am new to your forum, i just bought a  1971 280sl from the USA, and shipped it home to Beirut.. Yes Beirut, Lebanon!
I am Currently working to recondition the whole car .. Engin is already re-built, and the car is being dimanteled to do the extirior.
I want to replace all the interior of the car Seats, Carpet, soft top etc.! Does anybody have any experience With Miller-Benz or do I go To GAHH or.. Please HELP

joebahout

jay

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2003, 11:46:04 »
Hi nice to find someone from bey. There is a guy in daoura who knows how and what kind of leather that goes on your car.He is gonna restore my 1964 interior also.e-mail me( joebahout@hotmail.com ). :)

joebahout

pembash

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2003, 14:24:49 »
Hello Bob,
I am also interested in putting new leather seats in my white 1970 Pagoda.
Could you please recommend good quality, close to original, manufacturer or supplier of the leather seats. I suppose, I'll need to change the horse-hair seat pads as well!!
Best

Bob

pagodapete

• Regular
  • USA, CA, San Diego
    • http://www.motoringinvestments.com
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2003, 17:27:29 »
Hi,

Just read Bob Geco's post.  Is there anyone supplying leather seat covers with actual leather piping?

Brian Peters
Motoring Investments
Brian Peters
Motoring Investments

mal

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2004, 12:31:39 »
Just got my inteior from GAHH last week and , thought I'd mention that the pipping on the Leather seats are real Leather and not vinyl

280SL 71- Blue-Gray (906)/Blue
190SL 61 - Silver/Red

rwmastel

• Platinum
  • USA, OH, Canal Winchester
  • Pagoda SL Group: 20+ years and going strong!
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2004, 17:34:39 »
Mal,

Thank you so much for following up on an older thread.  There are too many threads that don't come to resolution.

Thanks,

Rodd
Powell, Ohio, USA
1966 230SL, Euro, Auto, Leather, both  tops
1994 E420
Rodd

Did you search the forum before asking?
2017 C43 AMG
2006 Wrangler Rubicon
1966 230SL auto "Italian"