Author Topic: Pagoda needed for commercial FEB 14, LA  (Read 4387 times)

Mr Vintage Machine

Pagoda needed for commercial FEB 14, LA
« on: February 13, 2011, 05:22:56 »
Hello everyone!

I secure vehicles for the use in commercials, photo shoots, films, and other productions.

I am currently looking for a BLACK 230sl, 250sl, or 280sl for a commercial. Films in Los Angeles, February 14, 2011.
This will be for a national ad campaign.

There is pay and the proper insurance in place.

I am looking for a black one with a black interior.  
The alternative would be black with a darker or camel/tan interior.

If you have this car, please email pictures and contact info to Gabriel@MisterVintageMachine.com

please feel free to contact me anytime with any questions.

Thank you!
Gabriel Baltierra
Mr Vintage Machine
213-369-0281

« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 09:08:58 by 280SL71 »

ctm14

Re: Pagoda needed for commercial!! FEB 14, Los Angeles
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 22:52:35 »
Hi Gabriel,

Black is not a very common color for the pagoda.  Below is a link to one for sale perhaps you could contact the owner and he would be interested.

http://www.mercedesheritage.com/classifieds/viewlisting.php?view=2003

Good Luck

dseretakis

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 21:18:59 »
It is not a common color because it does not suit the car well.  If I were you I'd consider another color for the pagoda in your commercial.

Mr Vintage Machine

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 21:25:50 »
Hi Gabriel,

Black is not a very common color for the pagoda.  Below is a link to one for sale perhaps you could contact the owner and he would be interested.

http://www.mercedesheritage.com/classifieds/viewlisting.php?view=2003

Good Luck

Thank you for the lead! I did call him as soon as you posted this and he was interested.  Only problem, was that they had picked a car an hour before.

What timing!

Again, Thank you!

Mr Vintage Machine

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2011, 21:42:28 »
It is not a common color because it does not suit the car well.  If I were you I'd consider another color for the pagoda in your commercial.

I had a black one with a red interior, which i thought would be great, since it is a L'Oreal commercial. But they didn't want the red interior.

They picked a different car from another source. We'll see what they picked.

in the meantime, if any of you would like to submit submit your SL for any future shoots, fell fre to email me photos anytime

Thank you!

Bob G ✝︎

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2011, 06:30:22 »
That is great that  it is black with red interior. I only sawone new 280SL late in 1971 at
Hollywood Mercedes-Benz in black band  new. wish I had known what I know know
and  had taken lots of pictures. My dad use to have  his 280SL service there and while
I waited for him I go in the Show room and sit in the new cars and take  brochures.

I can still remember thesmell of a new Mercedes-Benz

Bob Geco

Tom Colitt

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2011, 03:52:43 »
I had a black one with a red interior, which i thought would be great, since it is a L'Oreal commercial. But they didn't want the red interior.

They picked a different car from another source. We'll see what they picked.

in the meantime, if any of you would like to submit submit your SL for any future shoots, fell fre to email me photos anytime

Thank you!

People. This is Los Angeles and they WILL almost always find what they need. I'm just surprised they wern't looking for a Black Pagoda with Black interior that spoke German and English fluently and could pass for late twenties.....

(Gabriel, I will send you photos of my cars for future reference...)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 09:08:06 by 280SL71 »