Author Topic: It's a kind/cruel world.  (Read 2487 times)

Shvegel

• Associate Member
  • Platinum
  • USA, OH, Cleveland Heights
It's a kind/cruel world.
« on: April 25, 2011, 11:45:30 »
Hi,
As most of you know my car has been apart for almost 5 years now undergoing major rust repair 700 miles from my home. I was going to rent a truck and bring the parts home so I can at least start sorting and checking the condition of the various bits and pieces that need attention.

Last week I spoke to a friend who told me he was heading across country with an empty pickup truck and was going to stop in.  I asked him if he would be kind enough to stop and pick up all the parts of my 280SL and haul them down along with 5 pails of vintage Mercedes tools I have in storage up there in exchange for some cash and a favor to be named later. He agreed and picked up the parts for the 14 hour drive down to my home in Ohio.

The cruel part is he arrived 30 minutes before I had to leave for a business trip for two weeks. I have been looking forward to digging through all this stuff for days and all I could do was haul it in the basement, set it down, load up a vintage 1939 Delta wood shaper for his woodworking wife(favor to be named later) say thanks and goodbye and head to the airport.

I didn't get to open a single box.

peterm

Re: It's a kind/cruel world.
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 16:34:20 »
wait--- you got the parts and now your favor was to exchange his woodworking wife for the delta machine-  who got the better end of that deal?

Shvegel

• Associate Member
  • Platinum
  • USA, OH, Cleveland Heights
Re: It's a kind/cruel world.
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2011, 03:00:11 »
I stand on my 5th amendment rights.