Author Topic: My own W107&W113 books  (Read 2671 times)

seixever

My own W107&W113 books
« on: October 08, 2011, 10:51:55 »
In my italian club there are a lot of roadster's enthusiasts but we have not references books in italian (there is only one, too generic and out of publishing: the Batazzi).
So I had decided to collect my own informations and experiences about W107 and W113 and put it in a vademecum; now these two vademecums have become two books (200 pages each one) that I've stamped in a few copies for my friends.
There is not anything of new but much of the well known informations (from the experts members of a club like  "Pagoda Sl Group") are reported in the books, like reading the Vin and the aluminium plates, explanation of codes, colour (inside and outside) codes, combination of codes, exc.
The most interesting chapter (I think...) is about the differences between the Pagoda models, written to recognise the correct originality and useful to understand which model is preferred from the reader.
Then, another chapter to look for Pagoda's problems (rust first of all... but not only), one about my personal experiences and mistakes, one with the complete reproduction of all pages of W113 brochure and manuals (of these, only the cover), exc.
I don't want waste your time but if someone is interested I can put on forum some image of most interesting pages, like that about Pagoda replicas (a curious issue!) and so on.
Bye, Emilio.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

knockmacool

Re: My own W107&W113 books
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2011, 11:08:45 »
Emilio

Thanks for sharing and well done! I for one would love to see the replicas- I'm sure they will be cause for much discussion.

Drew

seixever

Re: My own W107&W113 books
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2011, 21:46:00 »
Hi Drew,
here I've posted 4 pages with a short story of the replicas and custom Pagoda (Pininfarina and Ghia).
If you don't read italian, the text says:
"In the '80 in Brasil was impossible buy an imported car, so grow up some little factory for custom made sport cars (Puma, Gtb, Santa Matilde, Miura, Phoenix...) based on brasilian donor cars (Gm, Fiat, Renault...).
Phoenix was the Mercedes W113 replica with a fiberglass body and a steel backbone frame, based on Chevrolet Opala, that was a copy of Opel Record/Commodore with a 6L 3,6/4,1 Chevy engine and 3 or 4 automatic/manual gearbox: a nice euro-american mix!
The remaining 3 pages are about well known Pininfarina coupè and Ghia shooting brake.
Sorry for the fast and short translations...