Author Topic: Our very own Star!  (Read 2131 times)

J. Huber

• Platinum
  • USA, CA, Cedar Ridge
Our very own Star!
« on: November 06, 2011, 14:16:08 »
Kudos to member Michael Salemi on his excellent articles in the most recent Star (MB). Mike you have really become a polished writer. Nice job!
James
63 230SL

mdsalemi

• Pagoda SL Board
  • Platinum
  • USA, NC, Davidson
Re: Our very own Star!
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2011, 16:11:39 »
Thanks, Jim.

Due to a variety of celestial circumstances, which has not happened before, there were FOUR (4) articles I wrote that all happened to appear in the Star simultaneously.

The Bracq article was one many months in the making, and always designated for this specific issue due to the whole "125 year" thing with Mercedes, and the Star's historical coverage of the period, and where Bracq fit in.  This was, for space reasons, highly edited and condensed from the original--which may appear in Pagoda World either in its entirety or serialized, depending on editor Wagas' needs.

The lead article on the new C-Class was a given assignment because the editor, Gary Anderson, had scheduled an MBCA German trip at the same time as the C-Class press drive, and was not available to attend.  I was asked to appear in his stead and of course, had to produce an article.

PUB was PUB--enuf said.  We should be grateful for the coverage.

The Concours of America article should have been in the immediate prior issue, but we were not able to get all the photos together in time along with copy for an article due to other commitments--would have required writing and editing and photos done in a couple of days which isn't always possible.

I'm glad you, Jim, have read at least some of these, and appreciate the compliments.  It is a bit of dignity to get published, to write about my favorite cars and hobby.  At the IAMA awards--the "Oscars" of automotive journalism--The Star won 17 awards for 2010, so I am deeply honored to be part of such an amazing club publication.
Michael Salemi
Davidson, North Carolina (Charlotte Area) USA
1969 280SL (USA-Spec)
Signal Red 568G w/Black Leather (Restored)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid "Area 51"
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid
2023 Ford Escape Hybrid