Author Topic: Farewell Pagoda buddies  (Read 3111 times)

paulr

Farewell Pagoda buddies
« on: February 17, 2014, 09:30:12 »
After all these years and amazing trips half way around the World, following an offer I just couldn't refuse, I have suddenly decided to let my beautiful Pagoda go . It IS the one I would have bought, were I in the market for one, fantastically sorted and a truly great car for the next owner.

It is having a bare metal respray and clean up and looks so sad, sitting in the garage. Summer is coming though and it will be ready soon to shine again as it has for me.

This is not an advert, it's to say, thank you all, Mike especially for all your great tips, great reads and enthusiasm and unparalleled knowledge of these amazing cars. You are all an inspiration.

I have bought myself something I have always wanted and have proactively looked for for years and in the pedantic Pagoda owner way..a 1996 Black Green SL320 ( R129 ) with black leather interior. I found one just down the road and am absolutely delighted with it. It is currently having a respray and new tyres and all that ready for Spring.

Have a great summer guys and I will look in every now again to see your beautiful cars.

mdsalemi

• Pagoda SL Board
  • Platinum
  • USA, NC, Davidson
Re: Farewell Pagoda buddies
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 12:28:32 »
Hopefully Paul, we'll be on the continued lookout for your amazing photography…best of luck with the R129!
Michael Salemi
Davidson, North Carolina (Charlotte Area) USA
1969 280SL (USA-Spec)
Signal Red 568G w/Black Leather (Restored)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid "Area 51"
2023 Ford Escape Hybrid
2024 Ford Mustang Mach Ex PEV

paulr

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 15:06:03 »
Thank you Michael. Perhaps you should be my agent.

mdsalemi

• Pagoda SL Board
  • Platinum
  • USA, NC, Davidson
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2014, 14:00:38 »
For those that don't really know Paulr, I reproduce here his two pages from my book, "Pagoda Style". Paul's pages were one of the first I worked on, as his was some of the earliest material submitted. His pages were 50 & 51 in the book...
Michael Salemi
Davidson, North Carolina (Charlotte Area) USA
1969 280SL (USA-Spec)
Signal Red 568G w/Black Leather (Restored)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid "Area 51"
2023 Ford Escape Hybrid
2024 Ford Mustang Mach Ex PEV

Flyair

• Platinum
  • Poland, Mazowieckie, Warsaw
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2014, 14:35:38 »
Paul,

Stay alert and if your eye spots a Pagoda and you have your camera handy (which certainly is always your case ;)), dont forget to make us enjoy your catch of the day!

Good luck in your new endeavours!
Stan
1971 280SL
2011 SL550 AMG
2011 GL
2015 GLA