Author Topic: Engine and Transmission Oil Changes  (Read 2307 times)

Rolf-Dieter ✝︎

• Associate Member
  • Platinum
  • Canada, ON, London
    • Best Pagoda Site second to none!
Engine and Transmission Oil Changes
« on: July 22, 2015, 00:59:35 »
I saw this video and am wondering if any of you have seen or use this oil extraction unit.

===>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65MMnubY4DA

I've not known that not all the oil is drained when pulling the bottom drain plug. Perhaps it is different on our engines or is it? Perhaps some of our handy mechanical / mechanics or vendors can comment if it is different on our engines,

One of my concerns would be if the extraction pump would suck out all of the forein metal shavings / contaminates or would some remain at the bottom of the oil pan after suction. However, if our motor oil and transmission sump housings are anything like that demonstrated in the video I think using this extraction pump would be a lot better then just draining and refilling with new oil (i.e. leaving contaminated oil on the bottom of the pan to mix with fresh new oil). If I get this vaccum oil extraction unit I would properly add a quart of oil once done and extract it also and then carefully examine it for any evidence of contaminated material.

So the questions are A) have you seen it? B) what is your impression? C) are you using it and if so how do you like it?

I am interested primarily, since the one friendly mechanic I trust is 288 KM (179 Miles) round trip from my house and I like to change my oil more often to keep this fine old engine ticking :)

Looking forward to a healty discussion and your views / feedback.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 01:05:57 by Rolf-Dieter »
DD 2011 SL 63 AMG and my 69 Pagoda 280 SL