Author Topic: Headrest inserts  (Read 2800 times)

Rhinkel

Headrest inserts
« on: April 10, 2017, 05:08:19 »
I've scoured the boards for this one so forgive me if I missed it. I'm finishing the interior of an inherited 70 SL. I think I have all the parts for the headrests but they were never installed with the restored interior. I found an upholstery business that can match the interior leather and stitching. I just ordered the grommets to go into the top of the seats. What I can't seem to find is grommets where the rods exit the headrest. I found a few pics here in the forum but they were headrest conversion seats and there was nothing I could see to finish off the leather for the exit on the headrest. Thx in advance for the help. Rob

WRe

• Platinum
  • Germany, Hessen, Seeheim-Jugenheim
Re: Headrest inserts
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2017, 06:22:16 »
Hi Rob,
here you'll find all necessary infos with pics: http://www.pagodentreff.de/artikel/kopfstuetzennachruesten.html.
...WRe

Rhinkel

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2017, 13:38:08 »
Thanks WRe, I was able to get in but my German is not good enough to maneuver around the site. I'll try google translate later today. Thank you again

Tyler S

• Associate Member
  • Platinum
  • USA, CA, Encinitas
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2017, 15:12:23 »
Rob, there are no grommets where the rods exit the headrest. The material be it leather or MB-tex is simply tailed off and tucked into the openings. A couple dabs of contact adhesive cleans it up nice and keeps them in place.
1968 (67) 250sl. 4 speed manual. DB180 Silver
1955 220 Cabriolet A. White Grey
2019 E450 Wagon. Majestic Blue
1936 Ford PU Flathead V8. Creme on tan interior.
1989 Volkswagen T3 Westfailia Campmobile. Dove Grey (blue)

Rhinkel

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2017, 16:42:53 »
Thank you Tyler!