Author Topic: barett-jackson tv show  (Read 2264 times)

rmmchl

• Silver
  • USA, WV, Charleston
barett-jackson tv show
« on: January 20, 2005, 19:10:00 »
the way these guys judge cars on fit and finish--no 113 series could ever pass their test on the point system from 1 to 5. I thought that my car was a 3 or 4 on a scale of 5. Original drivetrain, nice paint-etc. These guys expect to see 1/8 of an inch or less between body panels. My car would be a 1 if they judged it! These 113 cars were handmade. I have some 3/8 inch gaps around parts of my hood and doors. They are full of crap. I have been watching their carnival-barking on the speed-vision channel. They want to make money and try to steal cars from folks by offering them nothing for them.
michael romeo           
1967  250sl
signal red

Raymond

• Platinum
  • USA, FL, Jacksonville
    • GemstoneMediaInc.com
Re: barett-jackson tv show
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2005, 17:06:44 »
They don't buy cars and resell them.  The way an auction works is that the auction house gets a percentage of the sale.  So, it is to their advantage to sell them for the highest price possible.  The general rules they give on Speed Channel are just that -- general.  A car is worth what bidders are willing to pay.

Ray
'68 280SL 4-spd Coupe
Ray
'68 280SL 5-spd "California" Coupe

rmmchl

• Silver
  • USA, WV, Charleston
Re: barett-jackson tv show
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2005, 20:31:03 »
the tv show I'm talking about is hosted by Mr. barrett of Barrett and Jackson. They show how cars are judged and appraised.
michael romeo           
1967  250sl
signal red