Author Topic: Door hinges  (Read 2261 times)

Mike

Door hinges
« on: April 24, 2005, 19:03:41 »
I am doing a bare metal repaint on my 1967 230SL.  I have removed the original coat of paint and two or more coats of repaint.  I'm down to bare metal and no great surprises so far.  A coupld of monor rust spots on the rear feneders and one headlight bucket.  I have removed the doors to prepare for  painting the door jambs and I have a question that  I was hoping someone could help me with.  The door hinges have lots of paint on them that is flaking off and, hence my question.  Are the hinges supposed to be painted?  They are steel but they look galvanized so I am not sure whether they should ever have been painted. A picture of an original door jamb, especially the front part showing the hinges,  would be appreciated.  Thanks.                                                                                                                                                                                                           .dhave ever been painted or not.  If someone with an original spec car could show me a picture of their door jamb I would be greatful.

Michael L. Hund

Naj ✝︎

• Associate Member
  • Platinum
  • United Kingdom, Surrey, New Malden
Re: Door hinges
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2005, 01:51:28 »
Have a look here.
If not, you can request a picture on his site.

http://www.grouseguitars.com.au/merc/

naj

65 230SL
68 280SL
68 280SL