Author Topic: OFF TOPIC: Exceptional Deal on Color Laser  (Read 5434 times)

mdsalemi

• Pagoda SL Board
  • Platinum
  • USA, NC, Davidson
OFF TOPIC: Exceptional Deal on Color Laser
« on: September 02, 2005, 08:31:54 »
If you are reading this you probably have a computer (unless you are the rare 113 fan that goes to the library to read this site) and if you have a computer you probably have a printer.

Dell is having a super sale on a fabulous color laser.  I bought one a year ago, and have been very happy with it.  I have not seen the same price on it until this week in the WSJ.  The price so low and functionality so high I had my doubts about it until it showed up.  Most of what I was comparing it to at the time was in the $1,000 price range, and only came with starter cartridges.

It is a true color laser printer for $384.  On most other color lasers you couldn't buy the toner cartridge set for that kind of money.  What makes it an exceptional deal is that it comes with 4,000 page full-load toner cartridges, whereas HP and others give you "starter" cartridges.  If you like color printing and use one of those inexpensive to buy but very expensive to run ink-jets, this may be what you need.

Dell 3100cn: SKU: 310SINB

You might have to poke around the site or call them to get the price to show up as $384, but that's the price and SKU as listed in yesterday's WSJ.

It is an extremely substantial piece of hardware, nothing cheap about it.  It has a large footprint, about 16" x 16" x 20" tall.  It weighs about 72# I think--it is massive.  In B&W mode it does an astonishing 25 PPM.

If you are looking for a nice color printer that is inexpensive to buy and inexpensive to run, look no more this is it.  I've had mine for a year, and aside from some annoying printer driver issues regarding envelopes and non-standard papers, it is great.

Michael Salemi
1969 280SL
Signal Red w/Black Leather
Restored
Michael Salemi
Davidson, North Carolina (Charlotte Area) USA
1969 280SL (USA-Spec)
Signal Red 568G w/Black Leather (Restored)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid "Area 51"
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid
2023 Ford Escape Hybrid

hands_aus

• Platinum
  • Australia, Queensland, Brisbane
Re: OFF TOPIC: Exceptional Deal on Color Laser
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2005, 04:02:19 »
way off topic

Bob Smith (Brisbane,Australia)
RHD,1967 early 250 SL, auto
Bob Smith (Brisbane,Australia)
RHD,1967 early 250 SL #114, auto, ps , 717,717
best of the best

J. Huber

• Platinum
  • USA, CA, Cedar Ridge
Re: OFF TOPIC: Exceptional Deal on Color Laser
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2005, 08:45:58 »
quote:
Originally posted by mdsalemi

If you are reading this you probably have a computer (unless you are the rare 113 fan that goes to the library to read this site)
Michael Salemi
1969 280SL
Signal Red w/Black Leather
Restored

I guess that would make me a rare 113 fan....!

James H., Librarian

James
63 230SL
James
63 230SL