Author Topic: Just finished another Interesting Project w111 with M117 swap  (Read 123 times)

lpeterssen

• Vendor
  • Gold
  • USA, FL, Miami
Dear friends

Just finished another interesting wiring harness project for a customer in Phillipines, Manila city.

This is a restoration shop that has many Mercedes projects and they contacted me to produce a custom wiring harness for a MB W111-220 SE (year unknown, but prior to 63’) which received per customer request an engine transplant from a R107-450SL D-jetronic.

The shop sourced a reproduction engine control harness from SLS SHOP, and were stuck there..

The original car MAIN harness had to be modified to have all the right control relays to run the engine and bring the needed signals to ECU.

So my job started with a W111 core main harness which already received a full restoration job and that was listed on my site www.wiredoktor.com.

In general terms I had to:

• Eliminate all w111, cold start control logic: CSV relay, FES relay, TTS
  • Eliminate all w111 automatic transmission control circuitry: idle switch, idle increase selenoid, 4 control lines to auto transmission
  • Add new T16 signal from starter
  • Add AC branches for Condenser fan, Compressor clutch, dehydrater temp switch, thermostat temp switch, etc
  • Add new control relay array at firewall (where original w111 relays were) for: a. Master relay, b. Change-over relay+starter relay, c. Fuel pump relay TRIGGERED by ECU, d. AC main relay, e. Condenser fan rly
  • create a communication port between main harness and engine control harness

And many other things.  It took me more than a week to complete all the changes needed to have a seamless integration.

I am very happy with the results.

Here an album you can browse.
https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B2OGWUKfSGSBZI7

Best regards
Eng. Leonardo Peterssen
Www.wiredoktor.com