Author Topic: Frank's Motor Cars In Laguna Beach  (Read 2847 times)

n/a

Frank's Motor Cars In Laguna Beach
« on: August 12, 2005, 22:41:39 »
I've passed by this place a lot over the years, They always seem to have a 113 in stock for sale.  Usually in pretty bad condition for about $25K.  

I'm vacationing in LB this year and stopped by because I saw a nice powder blue 280SL in their lot.

The manager said the car was not for sale just in for service.  No lie there were about 4 other SLs in for service.

Are any of you guys customers at Frank's?  What do you think of the service?  

They had a nice Dark Green + Tan interior car in the showroom.  Older restoration but still very nice condition.  Price on the window was $49.5K!  

Jon the manager said 3 years ago that would have been a $25K car.  Prices are definitely on the rise out here in So. Cal. for nice cars. They seem harder and harder to come by.

Let me know if Frank services your car and give a description of it!

Thanks.  Pete

TA250SL

Re: Frank's Motor Cars In Laguna Beach
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2005, 23:45:26 »
The last time I checked out their cars they had a red 230SL with an original red steering wheel.  That was the first and last time I saw a steering wheel that wasn't black or ivory.

Tom
1967 250SL
Los Angeles

n/a

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2005, 01:00:46 »
Over the last year or so I stopped by and took a look at some of their cars after hours.  Popped open the trunk and looked under the mat. In all cases these were around $25K cars that had fright pig like trunk floors.  Made me wonder about the rest of the car.  

The one in the showroom yesterday had a nice trunk floor.  

They are servicing some nice SL s in Laguna these days. Come to think of it that's how I found my car, from a mechanic that told someone about a nice SL that the owner might want to sell.

Anyway there are a lot of nice SLs here in Laguna Beach that people are enjoying with or without this board!

n/a

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2005, 08:11:22 »
I have not heard good things about Franks in Laguna although I personally have never had work done there.  I currently have my 69, 280 SL 4 speed manual transmission seviced in San Jaun Capistrano at  Professional Motor Car and also in Aliso Viejo at Autobahn West...

Dan