Author Topic: Technical manuals have missing information  (Read 2539 times)

Bob G ✝︎

Technical manuals have missing information
« on: January 31, 2006, 15:47:24 »
I want to notify everone that they should look throught their technical manuals when they receive them from the Classic Center for errors and left out information.
I had ordered a technical manual for my 1992 300-E after receiving it I was looking through to see what it coved. I went to the introduction page that list groups and would breifly look to see what I found. To my amazement under group 40 wheel align check I could not fine specications for wheels & tires  it was left out along with other information.
I called back the classic center to advise them and they are looking through their inventory to see if they can fine the same errors. I hope they will fine me one with all the groups in tact.
Please look at all your technical literature you order before putting it away.
Bob Geco
« Last Edit: January 31, 2006, 17:36:12 by Bob G »

• Platinum
  • Germany, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Tecklenburg
Re: Technical manuals have missing information
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2006, 18:34:38 »
Hello Bob,

My comments to this are perhaps a bit off-topic of yours but basically you are right.
This is also true for our workshop manuals (W111 & others including 230, 250 SL and W108 - 113).
Those are not complete. Some parts are missing which were included in the original three-binders-issue of the original big blue book in the sixties. Many chapters are now missing.
When DaimlerChrysler reprinted our today well-known BBB about 10 years ago, they partly updated the content and made one book out of three binders. That's why many topics are missing.

On the other side the workshop manual is no replacement for the  data tabular booklet. Many numbers can only be found there. Both book(lets) just work together and have to be used simultaneously to make sense.

Best,

Achim
(Magdeburg, Germany)
Achim
(Germany)