Author Topic: repainting a 280sl in the los angeles area  (Read 2524 times)

suzy

repainting a 280sl in the los angeles area
« on: November 14, 2006, 10:36:27 »
i need my hood repainted. the hood was out of alignment due to a missing bolt, and i rubbed quite a bit of paint off trying to close the hood.  

could anyone in the los angeles area recommend a body shop that could repaint?

i got one quote for $1700 and i'd like another quote.  this place said they had to do the entire front of the car and not just the hood.

thanks

suzy adler

Douglas

Re: repainting a 280sl in the los angeles area
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2006, 13:15:34 »
Suzy,

What color is your car? It's extremely difficult to repaint just one panel and have it match, particularly in sunny places like LA where you've got to assume the paint has "mellowed" to a different hue under all that UV. For what it's worth, the worst colors for matching are metallics.

Douglas Kim
New York
USA

suzy

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2006, 13:34:09 »
the car is a blue--i think the original color was 906, and i believe it is metallic...
quote:
Originally posted by Douglas

Suzy,

What color is your car? It's extremely difficult to repaint just one panel and have it match, particularly in sunny places like LA where you've got to assume the paint has "mellowed" to a different hue under all that UV. For what it's worth, the worst colors for matching are metallics.

Douglas Kim
New York
USA

suzy adler

jaxxonia

• Regular
  • USA, CA, Woodland Hills
  • pagodaride@gmail.com
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2006, 19:28:43 »
Hello Suzy,

Doug is correct about the difficulty color-matching metallics. Knowing that, I and a number of friends have had good experiences with
Arroyo Auto Co., Inc. in North Hollywood (818) 462-4567 or (213) 765-7430. Standards and clientele are at a high level. Color match was excellent on my Tunis Beige Metallic paint. Shop is very clean. Prices are reasonable. Raphael, the owner, and his staff have experience with aluminium. Good luck!

Jackson