Author Topic: 220SE  (Read 4697 times)

igor111

220SE
« on: November 27, 2008, 10:55:26 »
Hi,

Yesterday I made all corrections on my linkage rods as stated in "linkage tour". I should say that the engine is 220 (m127) - w111 coupe. The lenght of linkage rod from cross rod to fuel pump is 233 mm, and the pump is at the stop position at idle as well as the throttle valve. When I push the accelerator to the full, throttle valve is fully opened, but the fuel pump doen'r reach it's full opening (about 1cm before the stop). The car fires and works perfectly, without any stalling, smoke or anything else. Should I leave it like this, or should I put a little bit longer rod to the pump and then conpensate on throttle valve?

It is not a w113, but the engine is similar, altough pump is not (2 plunger type), but this is the only forum where I can find some data about this type of fuel injection!
Thanks
Igor

merrill

• Platinum
  • USA, TX, Austin
Re: 220SE
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2008, 14:26:07 »
Igor
check out this post
http://www.sl113.org/forums/index.php?topic=9187.0

If you can get the mb cd or technical book for your car.
both should have the correlation data for the opening of the throttle body to injection pump.

The link has the data for the 113 sl.

The main think to check for is the tb is fully closed with out binding at rest and that both
the inj pump and tb start to open at the same time.
Matt
Austin Tx
66 230 sl - "white"
78 300 D - Blue
98 C230

igor111

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2008, 15:32:30 »
I have a BBB for my car, but I don't have equipment to make a correlation by the book. I can't find the lenght of linkage rod to fuel pump anyehere in this book (there is no such thing as 233mm nor any other measure). My pump and throttle are in the stop position at idle, and they move perfectly together when accelerator is pressed, but the pump doesn't come to fully opened position. So i think (at least on my car) 233mm is not the right lenght, but I should adjust the lenght of linkage rod to pump in a way that the pump is in the stop position at idle and at fully opened position when accelerator is pressed. After that I can adjust the lenght of the throttle valve linkage the same way. That way the pump rod would measure aprox 239mm, and both pump and throttle valve would work from fully closed to fully opened position. Would that be correct?

merrill

• Platinum
  • USA, TX, Austin
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2008, 17:36:17 »
Igor

does your book have the data?

The data for the sl has the tb and inj pump only opening to 82 degrees not full open.
Matt
Austin Tx
66 230 sl - "white"
78 300 D - Blue
98 C230

igor111

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2008, 18:35:00 »
First of all thanks for Your effort  :)
I have the data for sl and sec in my book and know one thing came to my mind. I'm going to check and compare openings of tb and inj pump for 220SEb/c and 230sl engine since I have all models from '59-'67 in that book- If openings in degrees are the same, then 233mm rule must work out on my engine also. Lookin by the eye, my inj pump is fully opened just arround 80 deegres, since it stops about 1-1.5 cm before stop screw. As soon as I compare it, I'm sending the result because it may help someone else with 220 engine!!!

igor111

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2008, 19:03:25 »
Well great news Matt. I've just checked, 220 SEb, 300 SE, and 230 SL have the same correlation to the decimal point, so what applies to Pagoda, also applies to all w111 sedans and coupes with 220 or 300 engine, so I guess I've done the job properly on my car, at least regarding the linkage. Maybe someone else eill find thi information usefull!!!