Author Topic: A "Botox" Pagoda :)  (Read 2714 times)

66andBlue

• Platinum
  • USA, CA, Solana Beach
A "Botox" Pagoda :)
« on: July 24, 2008, 23:18:41 »
Most likely those members who attended last years PUB will remember T.K. literally picking apart the underbelly of a Pagoda.

But who had known that this ugly duckling had such a pedigree? Or is it just fiction? [:0]
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=014&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=330255661364&rd=1
Alfred
1964 230SL manual 4-speed 568H signal red
1966 230SL automatic 334G light blue (sold)
1968 280SL automatic (now 904G midnight blue)

mdsalemi

• Pagoda SL Board
  • Platinum
  • USA, NC, Davidson
Re: A "Botox" Pagoda :)
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2008, 06:51:31 »
The owner is Paul Hackman.  Many who went to PUB's over the years have met him.

My friend went to look at another car he had for sale, an old Packard V8 priced, sadly, as if it were a V16.  Aside from the inflated pricing, the descriptions didn't match the car, I'm afraid.  You really have to go and look at what you are buying, but that should be a given.

I don't know if it's the same car in the eBay listing as what we saw up on its side at Joe's or not; but if it is, it could easily be made to be a show car--all it takes is time and money.  Been there, done that--my car was as bad or worse in the rust department.  Cut it out and add new.  Simple.  Time consuming and expensive, however.

As shown it won't win too many awards with that engine bay or trunk--there are simply too many competitors in better detail shape.

Take a look at the photos--that's Paul's Gelandewagen G55 AMG behind it in some of the photos.  Got a ride in it in 2005; very awesome.  Also got a ride in one of his other cars since sold, a 1963 220SEb Cabriolet with rare, factory rear bucket seats.  I'll take that latter, please.

Paul somehow has accumulated a warehouse full of NOS stock.  I saw many all-red tail lamps on the shelf in boxes; full wood dashboards from a 1950's era sedan, manuals by the crate load, wiper arms by the hundreds, etc.  Like a candy store.
Michael Salemi
Davidson, North Carolina (Charlotte Area) USA
1969 280SL (USA-Spec)
Signal Red 568G w/Black Leather (Restored)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid "Area 51"
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid
2023 Ford Escape Hybrid