Author Topic: looking for front locking pin picture to reproduce  (Read 3328 times)

freezing14

looking for front locking pin picture to reproduce
« on: August 05, 2008, 20:22:28 »
I need to replace the front pin on my car ( not MB but rare german), and cant find them, either used or new in good or bad shape , i want to try to reproduce them, I would need picture ( preferably hi res) of the lever assembly pin etc, a ruler next to it would be great

I went to a car show over the week end and saw they seemed to be the same as the one I have been looking for 2 years, see attached picture for what they look like

any help would be very apreciate

thanks

Download Attachment: DSC_29421123973336.jpg
53.76 KB

scoot

• Platinum
  • USA, CA, Altadena
Re: looking for front locking pin picture to reproduce
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2008, 21:13:14 »
If not MB, what car are they for?  I'm not clear on what you mean by "front pin".
Scott Allen
'67 250 SL (early)
Altadena, California

waqas

• Platinum
  • USA, TX, Austin
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2008, 22:43:01 »
These look like the locking handles for the top.

Why not simply switch to original MB?

Waqas (Wa-kaas) in Austin, Texas

freezing14

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2008, 20:36:43 »
just not sure what you MB guy call them , but yes locking handle for the top,, do you have a picture so that I can compare to the one I have , and a source to get them , are they available used , new , what year-model are they from , do you have a crappy used one I could buy to compare , if you could take the picture with a ruler so that I can get dimension of off it , if I can get my hand on a used one I could compare , then buy new from the dealer if they have them, but I want to make sure before I oder stuff i cannot return

they would be for a porsche soft window, they are use to hold the soft rear window

waqas

• Platinum
  • USA, TX, Austin
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2008, 23:51:21 »
It looks like you need parts 40, 42, 43, 44, 48, 75, as shown in this figure:

The figure is taken from the SLS vendor website: http://www.sls-hh-catalogue.de/bin/dbframes.phtml?mid=IN02

You can also call up the Mercedes Classic Center directly and get the parts from them. They will know what you are talking about (just provide them with your VIN#). Most MB dealerships around the country have no clue about these cars.

The equivalent diagram for the hardtop is shown here:

« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 23:55:35 by waqas »
Waqas (Wa-kaas) in Austin, Texas