Author Topic: Right rear brakeline securing points?  (Read 3593 times)

awolff280sl

• Gold
  • USA, FL, Sarasota
Right rear brakeline securing points?
« on: July 31, 2008, 06:04:22 »
Regarding the brakeline segment that goes from the proportioning valve to the bracket holding the right side flexible line: I think that this segment should be secured under the trunk by metal clamps. There are 2 rubber "cylinders"  around the line on my car, and no clamps holding them.
I can't find any mounting holes. Does anyone have a picture or can tell me if/how they mount up into the floor of the trunk. Thanks.
Andy   Sarasota, FL
'69 280SL 4speed
'06 Mitsubishi Evo

Shvegel

• Associate Member
  • Platinum
  • USA, OH, Cleveland Heights
Re: Right rear brakeline securing points?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008, 06:38:05 »
Hi,
Just took mine apart the other day. There are no clamps on that line it just sort of jambs up in the corner between the trunk floor and the trunk support.

Jonny B

• Pagoda SL Board
  • Platinum
  • USA, CA, San Marcos
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2008, 15:37:50 »
I think these are secured to the rear axle using the 9mm banding clamps. I do not have a picture to post, but I believe that is where they go. I lost a point at a show (as deducted by our friend Joe A!) for this one.
Jonny B
1967 250 SL Auto, DB 568
1970 280 SL Auto, DB 904
1966 Morris Mini Minor

Shvegel

• Associate Member
  • Platinum
  • USA, OH, Cleveland Heights
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2008, 00:57:27 »
I think you might be referring to the left side. The left side tube assy had a flex hose off the pressure control valve and the tube is attached to the axle. The right has a hard line on the body to the right side then a hose down to the axle.

Bob Possell has also just put his back together and bled the brakes so he will know.

bpossel

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2008, 04:08:06 »
Andy,

My metal brake line (rear, right side) connects from the proportioning valve to the bracket which connects the metal line to the flex hose line.  No other brackets hold the line.  Mine is a very tight fit between these two points.  

Bob  :)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 04:09:49 by bpossel »